Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays PC from Arrival to Sallie Mae?

tag
jackff
Established Member

Barclays PC from Arrival to Sallie Mae?

I heard that Barclays, unlike Amex and Chase, is resistant to PC. But I also saw several posts saying they successfully PC'ed their Barclays cards. However, they are mostly PCing between similar products like from AF to no AF card. Is it possible to PC from Arrival (no AF) to Sallie Mae? I don't want to spend a hard pull on this.

TIA Smiley Happy

Edit: typo

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Re: Barclays PC from Arrival to Sallie Mae?

All I did with Barclay was an Apple Finance Visa to a Rewards Visa.  I'd like a Sallie Mae as well. 

Message 2 of 34
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

You both call and ask if possible. Let us know. Smiley Happy Good luck!
Message 3 of 34
jackff
Established Member

@EndlessRoad wrote:

All I did with Barclay was an Apple Finance Visa to a Rewards Visa.  I'd like a Sallie Mae as well. 

Thanks EndlessRoad. Then it seems possible to PC from Arrival to Sallie Mae as well. Most posts I read before are PCing between different versions of a same type of card. Your PC is certainly cross-type.

Message 4 of 34
jackff
Established Member

@KennyRS wrote:
You both call and ask if possible. Let us know. Smiley Happy Good luck!

Will do it later after I redeem all the remaining miles on my Arrival (only redeemable to travel purchases). Will post a new thread if succeed.

Message 5 of 34
jackff
Established Member

@EndlessRoad wrote:

By the way, did they hard pull for your PC?

Message 6 of 34
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@jackff wrote:

@EndlessRoad wrote:

Nope took about 2 minutes over the phone with Barclay CSR. 

And for Kenny and Jackff, Barclay just told me I couldnt PC my rewards to a Sallie Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good thread. Thanks for the info...
Message 8 of 34
jackff
Established Member

@EndlessRoad wrote:

@jackff wrote:

@EndlessRoad wrote:

Nope took about 2 minutes over the phone with Barclay CSR. 

And for Kenny and Jackff, Barclay just told me I couldnt PC my rewards to a Sallie Smiley Sad

Thanks for your information. Sorry to hear this news Smiley Sad I would try later to see if there is a way from Arrival to Sallie though.

Edit: typo

Message 9 of 34
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Yes maybe the rewards card just isnt in a high enough "class".  I guess it makes sense everybody could open a rewards card and turn it into a better card. 

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.