Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays PC?

tag
wche
Regular Contributor

Barclays PC?

Does Barclays allow you to PC their credit cards? I want to apply and take advantage of the awesome bonus offer on their Arrival card. Before they hit me with the AF, I would like to PC to another card. I'm eyeing their Sallie Mae MC as the 5% groceries and gas would be ideal. Would this be possible?

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays PC?

@wche wrote:

Does Barclays allow you to PC their credit cards? I want to apply and take advantage of the awesome bonus offer on their Arrival card. Before they hit me with the AF, I would like to PC to another card. I'm eyeing their Sallie Mae MC as the 5% groceries and gas would be ideal. Would this be possible?

In some cases you can PC but chances of you getting the bonus is slim unless you app

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 21
wche
Regular Contributor

I have no problem losing the bonus on the Sallie Mae after I PC to it from the Arrival. It's just that the Arrival will be useless to me after I redeem the 40k bonus points. 

Message 3 of 21
myjourney
Super Contributor

@wche wrote:

I have no problem losing the bonus on the Sallie Mae after I PC to it from the Arrival. It's just that the Arrival will be useless to me after I redeem the 40k bonus points. 

Got youSmiley Wink

How long have you had the card?

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 4 of 21
azguy13
Senior Contributor

I would love to get a Barclays card but I hear it needs to be the last CC apped for a long time so I think I will wait. 

Message 5 of 21
wche
Regular Contributor

I dont have either yet so I'm actually just plan/strategizing hahaha. My only concern is I opened 3 new accts last March, and we all know they are sensitive with new acccs/inqs. 

Message 6 of 21
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Very true. I have 2 new accounts (only 1 reporting on my CR right now) so its yet another reason to wait. I will get one at some point though. 

Message 7 of 21
myjourney
Super Contributor

@wche wrote:

I dont have either yet so I'm actually just plan/strategizing hahaha. My only concern is I opened 3 new accts last March, and we all know they are sensitive with new acccs/inqs. 

So accounts are 4 months old wait until they are 6 months and go for it if you like ...

I came off a spree in June 2012 ....Dec 2012 app'ed Barclay while on another spree...garden for 6 months..... another spree in June 2013

No problem with them in fact they just gave me a AUTO CLI in June..YMMV

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 8 of 21
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

I applied for the Barclays Arrival but I thought i was declined then i get a notice in the mail saying to call them to discuss my credit application
and i have 30 days to respond or they might not be able to open my account

I did not call because 1) I wasn't really sure which card I applied all i know was that it was arrival and it was with rewards but don't know if it was with a AF or no AF
and I've heard that they check my account and if they see that i have other cards then they can possibly lower my CL or close

plus i didn't want to go over a certain amount of credit cards my target Goal for CC accts no more then 5 max and I'm saving a slot for AMEX

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 9 of 21
HiLine
Blogger

Doesn't hurt to try... Why don't you give them a call on Monday and see what they have to say? Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.