Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays PC?

tag
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Re: Barclays PC?

+1 Seems like you burned an unnecessary precious inquiry for nothing. No reason to be that afraid of Barclays. Sounds like they might need to verify some info, and possibly approve you.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 11 of 21
wche
Regular Contributor

I think you guys are misunderstanding me lol

I have not applied for either cards. I am planning to apply for the Arrival with the intention of PCing it to the Sallie Mae MC before the $89 AF hits. That way I take advantage of the 40k bonus offer and then PC it to a card that is more practical (Sallie mae). Sorry for the confusion! My original question was... Will the PC be possible?
Message 12 of 21
wche
Regular Contributor

Message 13 of 21
wche
Regular Contributor

Whoops nvm... Looks like you guys were responding to mikey's post!
Message 14 of 21
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

A whole lot of thread jacking going on and OP never got the original question answered.

So here's a bump, with a non-answer. I did what you are planning to do (got Arrival, plan to PC it in a year) based on the fact that other posters had reported success in PCing Barclay products. It is certainly a more YMMV situation than other lenders, but looks like it is possible. Hopefully someone else can give you better info.

Also, I only waited 5 months after my app spree to apply, and was instantly approved. I have a clean file, scores above 750 on all bureaus at the time of app, AAoA of about 4 years. There have been some approvals discussed on here with worse stats than mine, so this shouldn't necessarily be the benchmark.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 15 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Bump for OPs original question:

Does Barclays allow you to PC their credit cards? I want to apply and take advantage of the awesome bonus offer on their Arrival card. Before they hit me with the AF, I would like to PC to another card. I'm eyeing their Sallie Mae MC as the 5% groceries and gas would be ideal. Would this be possible?
Message 16 of 21
compassion101
Established Contributor

What is the cash back limit on the 5% gas and groceries?

Message 17 of 21
wche
Regular Contributor

Bit the bullet and applied...........!

Instant approval! 4k, 18.99% APR. So close to qualifying for World MC, but it's okay. I was honestly surprised at the instant approval given I opened 3 new accts less than 5 months ago. My plan is to collect the bonus and use it on my upcoming cruise! And then hopefully I can PC to the Sallie Mae.

Off to the garden I go!

Message 18 of 21
wche
Regular Contributor

And thanks Lexie and Snacktrader for bringing my original question back into focus Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 21
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Some people have had success calling a Backdoor number and requesting a CLI prior to activation. Never hurts to try if you want to get the World MC.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.