tag
tjrssibelle
Valued Member

Re: Barclays Pattern? Wanna play?

@tjrssibelle wrote:

@MazdaSpeed wrote:

@tjrssibelle wrote:

Do you have Barclays? --Yes

Which Product? --Barclaycard Arrival World MC (AF)

How long have you had it?--not here yet

Recon or Instant?--instant

Has you account been CLD'd--not yet

How many new accounts at the time of app? -- 3 (BCE, Chase Sapphire, Discover It) two days prior

How many apps since?--None

Initial CL?-- $1500 with instant approval; $5000 after recon

CLIs? (how far apart, initiated by you; if so, recon? or auto?)--none yet

Spend habits (carry a balance?  PIF? churn points?)--PIF

Score?-- 736 TU from credit Karma

the minimum CL isnt 5k? 

maybe that $1500 was a fluke

I got the card yesterday, it's the platinum not World...I thought they would upgrade me to the world version after the CLI. I wasted an INQ for nothing, no 40,000 miles for me.

Gardening as of 9/6/13
Message 21 of 28
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

The plat card doesn't get the bonus? Bummer, I was denied at first and reconned and got the 5k limit, I think the sign in says world mc, but I haven't gotten it in yet. So I'm not positive
fico 747
Message 22 of 28

Which Product? -- Barclaycard Financing Visa (From Apple store application)

How long have you had it?--Mid 2010

Recon or Instant?--instant

Has you account been CLD'd-- No, in fact I have received large annual increases, now up to $6300, no HP

How many new accounts at the time of app? -- None

How many apps since?-- 5, all approved, and two car loans

Initial CL?-- $1300 initial, now at $6300

CLIs? (how far apart, initiated by you; if so, recon? or auto?)-- Annual, $2200, $4300, $6300

Spend habits (carry a balance?  PIF? churn points?)-- Carry a promotional finance balance

Score?-- Mid 600s when approved, low 700s today according to MyFico

As a side note, I once made a large Apple purchase that didn't get the promotional financing applied, and I was still carrying a defered balance. I wasn't aware that the new purchase was devoid of a promotion, so when I worked out how much I needed to pay per month to pay everything off within the financing terms I ended up not paying off the defered balance in time because my payments were going to the interest bearing charge first. I noticed this after there was a $~300 interest charge. I called and they agreed to waive the finance charges if I PIFed the $700 balance.

Message 23 of 28
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Do you have Barclays? --yep!
Which Product? --Travelocity American Express
How long have you had it? A year
Recon or Instant?--recon
Has you account been CLD'd--nope
How many new accounts at the time of app? Four in the six months leading up to, including a Wmt Discover upgrade
How many apps since?--four; chase,amex,discover, citi
Initial CL?-- $6500 after recon for approval.
CLIs? (how far apart, initiated by you; if so, recon? or auto?)--all requested clis denied. On 7th statement after reducing util on this account from 80% to 20%, received an auto cli from 6500-7700
Spend habits (carry a balance? PIF? churn points?)--use for bt offers; always carry a balance, usually in the 70-80% util range. I always keep overall util <15% though.
Score?-- 676 -HP on TU.

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 24 of 28
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

After intense research, I finally gave in and apped for a Barclays. I was going for an Apple ogriginally, but after BCP success, decided to aim a bit higher...I want to buy a lap top and the 12 months 0% is the same, plus I feel like it got me a higher limit.  Anyway, as I intend to make a purchase and will carry a balance for a bit, I'd liek to hold on to that $7500 CL!  I do agree with the people who tend toward believing that the CLD isn't as frequent as it appears, but I thought maybe it would be helpful to try and establish a pattern, as difficult as it may be.

My thoughts are that it is dependent upon a mix of things--spend habits, credit profile, but also might have to do with the type of Barclay product. So, a survey for anyone who wants to play:

Do you have Barclays? -- YES

Which Product? --Barclaycard Apple VISA

How long have you had it?-- since Nov 2011

Recon or Instant?-- RECON

Has you account been CLD'd-- NOPE

How many new accounts at the time of app? -- TOO MANY TO COUNT

How many apps since?-- 2

Initial CL?-- $1500

CLIs? (how far apart, initiated by you; if so, recon? or auto?)-- NOPE

Spend habits (carry a balance?  PIF? churn points?)-- VARIABLE

Score?-- 616...NO JOKE---HP on TU.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 25 of 28
tjrssibelle
Valued Member

@MazdaSpeed wrote:
The plat card doesn't get the bonus? Bummer, I was denied at first and reconned and got the 5k limit, I think the sign in says world mc, but I haven't gotten it in yet. So I'm not positive

I decided to call today about the possibility of upgrading to the World version and the customer representative said that it all depened on my spending habits over the next few months, they usually review the card and consider upgrading after $25,000 have been spent and PIF every month for the previous year. He also told me that I am still eligible for the 40,000 miles sign on bonus even with the Platinum

Gardening as of 9/6/13
Message 26 of 28
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

That's good, I thought you would still get the bonus, 25k, damn! If I get the plat in the mail theres no way I'll get to upgrade
fico 747
Message 27 of 28
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Which Product? -- US Airways MC, NFL Visa Siggy, also had Rewards MC, but closed it and combined limit with US Air card

How long have you had it?-- US Air, 2009, NFL Visa since 9/12

Recon or Instant?--US Air; NFL -sent to underwriter for review, because I already had 2 accounts with them at the time

Has you account been CLD'd-- No

How many new accounts at the time of app? -- None with US Air, Had 6 new accounts in prev 6 months when approved for NFL card

How many apps since?-- 0

Initial CL?-- US Air $ 4000, NFL Visa $5k

CLIs? (how far apart, initiated by you; if so, recon? or auto?)-- Yes, US Air one Auto CLI, then combined with Reward card limit now 7250. NFL Visa got increase by using offer with BT check for 3k, to get limit to $8k, no hard pull. 

Spend habits (carry a balance?  PIF? churn points?)-- US Air, usually paid in full. NFL Visa currently carrying a promotional finance balance

Score?-- 703 when approved for US Air, Approx 760 when approved for NFL Visa

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.