Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Pulling Credit Every Few Days!

tag
adamseve
Established Contributor

Barclays Pulling Credit Every Few Days!

I just got 2 new credit cards with Barclays:  Barnes & Noble & Priceline.  Every since I got the last one they've been pulling my credit every few days.  So far I've incurred 5 HARD inquiries from them since the 6th of October.  What can I do to get these additional inquiries off my credit report? 

Other than freezing my report, what can I do to get Barclays to stop pulling my credit report?  I'd hate to piss them off and they close the new credit cards I received.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays Pulling Credit Every Few Days!

@adamseve wrote:

I just got 2 new credit cards with Barclays:  Barnes & Noble & Priceline.  Every since I got the last one they've been pulling my credit every few days.  So far I've incurred 5 HARD inquiries from them since the 6th of October.  What can I do to get these additional inquiries off my credit report? 

Other than freezing my report, what can I do to get Barclays to stop pulling my credit report?  I'd hate to piss them off and they close the new credit cards I received.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Same thing happened to me.   Hard pull on 9/23 and 9/28.       I haven't called about it yet.  I have disputed the inquries and they come back verified.   

Message 2 of 6
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi, Adamseve, this sounds insane if I were you I would call Barclay's and see what is going on, with all those inquiries your cs is being affected something is just not right.  I have a B&N Mastercard from Barclay's which I will have had it for a year on October 22, and there was only 1 hard pull on my TU report only last year and no other.  In your case there should be two hard pulls for the two cards that you have.  Good Luck in what you decide to do.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 3 of 6
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Call them up and ask them to recode it to AR softie. (account review) ...this sounds like a mistake to me...i'm no expert, but i really hate  unnec. "hard" inquiries... 

i'm frozen on EQ and Norstrom has softed me already but they use AR...and it's soft. as a matter of fact, all of my creditors are SOFT with an AR next to their name...and that incldues the time when i wasn't frozen...Ford softs every i don't six months, not too much...

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
armywifey85
Regular Contributor

They are watching you like a hawk and when they see something they dont like watch out. They gave you two credit cards and will cld them faster than they gave them to ya.
Message 5 of 6
adamseve
Established Contributor

I contacted them yesterday and they stated that the pulls were soft.  However, they are not.  I'm gonna call them again tomorrow to ask them to recode.  If that doesn't work I guess I'm just gonna have to find another way to get them to either remove them or recode to AR. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.