cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays RECON worked - Priceline Visa APPROVED!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays RECON worked - Priceline Visa APPROVED!

edited to add: Barclays Recon working, hope that helps someone!

After doing an obsessive amount of researching, I pulled the trigger on a Barclays Priceline Visa app and got denied for several reasons... mostly that I have a few baddies on my report... two CCs settled with CAs for less than full amount (BoA Visa and HSBC Best Buy card), and a CA (also settled).

All were from 2 years ago.

Current cards:
- Orchard unsecured card ($400 CL, opened 6/10), no lates, low util (less than 5%)

- Amazon GEMB store card ($800 CL, opened a few days ago), had $670 in cart - qualified for financing offer

Called the Barclay's backdoor number and was APPROVED for $1,000!

Their main concern was the baddies - I didn't even have to explain the high util (due to the Amazon store card).

Woohoo! Smiley Happy I'm beyond thrilled - Honestly, were it not for this board's existence, I wouldn't have even gotten those last two cards, nor even known how to go about the backdoor route, or even DREAMED i could get a decent CC with a decent limit at this point in my financial rebuilding... Smiley Happy

So a huge THANK YOU to all of you. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Re: Barclays - Priceline Visa APPROVED!

@Anonymous wrote:

After doing an obsessive amount of researching, I pulled the trigger on a Barclays Priceline Visa app and got denied for several reasons... mostly that I have a few baddies on my report... two CCs settled with CAs for less than full amount (BoA Visa and HSBC Best Buy card), and a CA (also settled).

All were from 2 years ago.

Current cards:
- Orchard unsecured card ($400 CL, opened 6/10), no lates, low util (less than 5%)

- Amazon GEMB store card ($800 CL, opened a few days ago), had $670 in cart - qualified for financing offer

Called the Barclay's backdoor number and was APPROVED for $1,000!

Their main concern was the baddies - I didn't even have to explain the high util (due to the Amazon store card).

Woohoo! Smiley Happy I'm beyond thrilled - Honestly, were it not for this board's existence, I wouldn't have even gotten those last two cards, nor even known how to go about the backdoor route, or even DREAMED i could get a decent CC with a decent limit at this point in my financial rebuilding... Smiley Happy

So a huge THANK YOU to all of you. Smiley Happy

Congrats. Make sure to treat them well and they will return the favor!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays - Priceline Visa APPROVED!

Thanks UFGuy! I definitely will... I learned my lesson the hard way back when I lost my job and all those CAs were hunting me down!

And I can't help but love the fact that the CC that secured the return to a better financial future has William Shatner on it, haha. Smiley Happy

Now all I have to worry about is that Amazon store card... Is it too soon to ask GEMB for a CLI?

I'm worried about that high util since that caused a HUGE drop in my FICO. Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.