Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Reward Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays Reward Credit Card

Does this card still exist? I went to Barclays website, but I couldn't find it.  

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays Reward

Weird it definitely doesn't appear on their site anywhere in fact I did some digging..if you go out to any other credit card aggregate sites, like NerdWallet, it says this offer is not available at this time

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays Reward

Exactly. I can't find it anywhere. Smiley Surprised

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays Reward Credit Card

I think it was replaced by the Reward Forward card or whatever you call that one that takes 5% of each cash out and ads it to your next one.
Message 4 of 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does this card still exist? I went to Barclays website, but I couldn't find it.  

Wow, I hadn't noticed. I guess they must have phased it out.

I had the card for several years, just closed it and moved the credit limit to other Barclay cards a week ago.

I found it very useful over the years, especially for groceries and utilities.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 9
wasCB14
Super Contributor

5% categories on Sallie? That was bad for people who didn't have one yet (or wanted another).

But 2% categories on Rewards? I'm not sure how anyone could really see that as a loss. There are plenty of other re/builder cards.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 6 of 9
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

The no annual fee Arrival isn't available any longer either, and hasn't been for a while now.  From what I remember, many of their cards weren't available to apply for on their main site earlier this year, including the Arrival Plus.  Then the Arrival Plus made a huge comeback when it returned with a better signup bonus than before.  It will be interesting to see if the Rewards or regular Arrival return at some point or if they have actually been phased out.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the Rewards card mid November. Had to recon to get a $1,500 SL. Good timing I suppose. However, I noticed early on this month that they had no longer had the card up. With all the adverse actions Barclays is causing to a lot if its customer base, it's not really surprising that they got rid of or made their easiest card to qualify for unavailable for the time being. As someone mentioned earlier, there are other rebuilder credit cards available. To each their own. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 9
wasCB14
Super Contributor

It seems the new Commence (what Sallie Rewards will devolve into) is very similar to Barclaycard Rewards.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.