Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Rewards CLD

tag
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Barclays Rewards CLD

Alright im getting sick and tired of Barclay and their shenanigans. So im doing a daily check of my accounts online and just noticed they had reduced my $2k limit to a mere $500. Currently has a zero balance. I also checked the Commence but the limit is still intact. Not too long ago they offered me a 0% APR on purchases for 12months on both the Sallie Mae and Rewards card however I only took advantage of it on the SM. Also, some time last month a new collection resulting from identity theft activity with an AT&T account was placed on my report but I caught on it immediately and contacted the bureaus and they all removed it within 3 days. Considering how super fast it was deleted, I highly doubt their monitoring system picked it up in a very short timeframe. Not to mention, I have clean files across the board, 6 inquiries with 8 others falling off in May and 3 revolving accounts opened (May 2016) in the last 12 months. I'm kinda bummed right now... does anyone have a contact I can reach to possibly have my limit restored? And if so will it require a hard pull? Thanks

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays Rewards CLD

@pip3man wrote:

Alright im getting sick and tired of Barclay and their shenanigans. So im doing a daily check of my accounts online and just noticed they had reduced my $2k limit to a mere $500. Currently has a zero balance. I also checked the Commence but the limit is still intact. Not too long ago they offered me a 0% APR on purchases for 12months on both the Sallie Mae and Rewards card however I only took advantage of it on the SM. Also, some time last month a new collection resulting from identity theft activity with an AT&T account was placed on my report but I caught on it immediately and contacted the bureaus and they all removed it within 3 days. Considering how super fast it was deleted, I highly doubt their monitoring system picked it up in a very short timeframe. Not to mention, I have clean files across the board, 6 inquiries with 8 others falling off in May and 3 revolving accounts opened (May 2016) in the last 12 months. I'm kinda bummed right now... does anyone have a contact I can reach to possibly have my limit restored? And if so will it require a hard pull? Thanks

Sigh.. sorry to hear about your Barclay CLD! I have heard of some cases of people getting their limits restored, hopefully somebody with direct experience will chime in. Barclays could offer the only and last credit card in the world and I would still avoid them.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 2 of 17
redpat
Senior Contributor

Sorry about the CLD, might as well close it.  It was only a 2k card anyway and you have better cards w/ higher limits.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 3 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Dang, sorry to hear this. Your profile seems to be all good so scary to think they cld you at 2k. Just imagine if your limit was higher and had a balance. You probably can get it restored as evidenced by some stories here but big question is do you really want to?. Only you know that but i would be skittish on a card/lender that cld that quick with no plausible explanation( true dont know why they did it so ill side with you for now Smiley Happy ). Hope it works out for you MESmiley Happy
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear of this, mister. I'd suggest to call one of the Barclay numbers in the myfico sticky. Perhaps others can help with a more specific number.

One good thing is that from when these situations are reported on the board relative to Barclay, people seem to have consistently been able to get credit limits restored when calling in, unless something very serious has changed in their report. I'd give it a try. 

Message 5 of 17
noobody
Established Contributor

When your credit file changed negatively, CB will report to Bank automatically if Bank subscribed it.( I bet Barclay does).
So when collection add to your account, they will be notified immediately, not much so on removal.
Call lending department, they most likely will restore the CL.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 6 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow, thats a good point noobodySmiley Happy.
Message 7 of 17
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Very sorry to hear about the unfair CLD you received from Barclay mister-endowed  Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 17
baller4life
Super Contributor

Sorry to hear mister-endowed. I am never surprised at these Barclays posts. Contact Portfolio Dept and plead your case to have limit re-instated. Number is in Backdoor Numbers.
Message 9 of 17
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@noobody wrote:
When your credit file changed negatively, CB will report to Bank automatically if Bank subscribed it.( I bet Barclay does).
So when collection add to your account, they will be notified immediately, not much so on removal.
Call lending department, they most likely will restore the CL.

Interesting point, nobody. I never have this much thought. If this is accurate, a cld from Barclays would be warranted and not as out of line as it may appear. 

How's, since the negative item had been corrected AND removed, a simple phone call with an explanation "SHOULD" rectify the situation with Barclays. 

The only question left to answer is IF YOU want to keep Barclays around.  

Best credit wishes to you, Mr Endowed! ( your screen name always makes me chuckle!)

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.