Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Rewards :(

tag
roshan21
Valued Member

Barclays Rewards :(

I applied for Barclays Reward MC last night. Approved with low $500 limit. I called this morning asking about the limit and he said he matched my first cards from 4 years ago. I told him about my Chase, Discover and Paypal. He said he seen it but they choose to match First Premier and Cap One. I was a little disappointed but I guess oh well. I seriously need to garden now. I feel like it was a waste of my last app. How good are they with CLI?

Paypal Mastercard $2000, Walmart $1000, Victoria's Secret $500, Discover IT $1200, Chase Freedom $2000, Cap1 $500/$300/$200, First Premier $300 Barclay's Rewards $500- Last App 5/27/13

Garden until 8/2014 (Hoping to be mid 700's by then)

Starting Score: 677
Current Score: 696
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclays Rewards :(

Congrats on your approval, even thought it wasn't the limit you hoped for. 

Message 2 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@roshan21 wrote:

I applied for Barclays Reward MC last night. Approved with low $500 limit. I called this morning asking about the limit and he said he matched my first cards from 4 years ago. I told him about my Chase, Discover and Paypal. He said he seen it but they choose to match First Premier and Cap One. I was a little disappointed but I guess oh well. I seriously need to garden now. I feel like it was a waste of my last app. How good are they with CLI?

Sorry to hear Smiley Sad

I would suggest using the card frequently for 6 months and PIF. Barclays will do annual reviews of accounts every 6 momths and there is a good chance you will get an auto CLI.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 14
HiLine
Blogger

I would call again to communicate to them that your credit has improved and there is no reason for them to offer such a low limit. Smiley Mad What can you buy for $500 these days? Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval sorry the limit wasn't as high as you would have liked Smiley Sad

Use it and when they review your account you stand a good chance of them matching your other limits

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 14
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval, and welcome to the garden club, good moveSmiley Very Happy

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 6 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Four years ago? How old are the other TLs you mentioned?
Message 7 of 14
roshan21
Valued Member

Recent like Jan/Feb. I just thought that if they seen prime companies that took a chance and didnt give me limits that matched FP and Cap1 they would too. I also have a BOA card that hasn't posted yet so I'll just wait and see. Hoping to garden on these cards and see my scores grow

Paypal Mastercard $2000, Walmart $1000, Victoria's Secret $500, Discover IT $1200, Chase Freedom $2000, Cap1 $500/$300/$200, First Premier $300 Barclay's Rewards $500- Last App 5/27/13

Garden until 8/2014 (Hoping to be mid 700's by then)

Starting Score: 677
Current Score: 696
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

They probably wanted you to have 6 mo history with those new TLs as opposed to 3-4 mos.
Message 9 of 14
enharu
Super Contributor

don't worry too much bout it. as long as you're in good standing, you should get an auto CLI. If not, you can always ask for one 6-7 months later.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.