Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Ring Awakes from Slumber

tag
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Barclays Ring Awakes from Slumber

After several months of absolutely no offers, Barclays Ring finally offers me something. As opposed to the usual BT options, they're offering a fine 3.99% promotional APR for a meager 7 months on new purchases. Not too shabby because I wouldn't want to carry a balance for such a length of time but it's nice to know it's there if I need it. 
Barclays.png

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays Ring Awakes from Slumber

I got 0% for 7 months on a SD'ed no-AF Arrival. Back to 17.99% after that.

But I have ample available credit with better rewards on my WWFCR...and another 7 or 8 months of my intro 0%.

I just keep it active for when travel picks up and a PIN may occasionally prove useful.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 8
dragontears
Senior Contributor

I got 0% APR on my *whatever it is now was Sallie Mae* card for 7 months than back to the regular 12.99% this morning. Debating on if I should bother to activate it. 

Message 3 of 8
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

I guess since there are no rewards on the Ring, they are less likely to do 0%. Or they don't like me as much. IDK. If it was 0-2% I'd be much more like to use it. 

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 4 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sounds like the UK's version of Cap One😄

Message 5 of 8
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I got a similar offer on my Black Card.  I haven't seen an offer on this card in forever....

Barclays Offer.png

Message 6 of 8
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

I have a Cash Forward card from Barclays and I'm currently in the middle of a 0% 7 month promo.

I call them a few months ago asking for a rate reduction and they offered this to me instead.

This is the second time they gave it to me. The last time I specifically asked for the 0% promo for a home improvement project and they gave it to me but I can't remember how long the promo was...

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Starting Scores (06/2016):

Current Fico8 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Current Fico9 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Message 7 of 8
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@wasCB14 wrote:

I got 0% for 7 months on a SD'ed no-AF Arrival. Back to 17.99% after that..

I got that same offer for my SDed Uber Visa.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.