Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays - SHOULD I APPLY??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays - SHOULD I APPLY??

I have been posting and viewing on myfico for about 1 year now.  Due to this site I was able to obtain a car loan, mortgage, and a capital one car who just increased me to $750 by the way.  My Transunion score is now 684, up from 560 last year.  I do have 6 inquiries on there due to my car and mortgage applications.  I would like to start having a relationship with a favorable credit card (not sub-prime). 

CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A CAR I SHOULD APPLY FOR?  Is it possible to get a card with around a $2,000.00 limit?  I plan on getting engaged soon, and would like to use SOME credit and some cash which is how i setup my budget for the ring.

Please ignore my signature, have not updated it yet...

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays - SHOULD I APPLY??

With a TU of 684, I would say you should be good to apply for Barclays. The only issue im seeing is the 6 inquiries. From what I have read, Barclays doesnt like too many inquiries, so you may get a instant denial. But you can of course call for a recon and explain the 6 inquiries came from your car and mortgage apps.

Do you have any other CC that has a higher limit at all? My recent experience with Barclays was an approval after I called for a recon. My TU Fico was around 660 and I got denied. When I talked to a credit analyst, they approved me for the Barclays Apple financing card. I asked for $1500 and I was approved. I think because I also had a $5000 card reporting, it helped in getting a $1500 approval from Barclays. The rest of my cards were only $700 and $500 CL. I think I would've gotten more, but chickened out. Hope this helps and if you do decide to app, good luck!

Message 2 of 4
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

I would wait until your inquiries are older than 6 months.  

Message 3 of 4
OnWayUpinTexas
Regular Contributor

OP,

I would probably try applying, providing you're willing to call for recon.  I had WAY more than 6 inquires (mostly due to mortgage refi and two car purchases since fall 2009, but 2-3 older credit card inquires as well).  And, I don't recall the agent during recon asking any questions about the inquiries.  My experience and others' is linked here.  I WOULD recommend applying through Apple's website, only because that seems to be the route that most folks are getting approved.

Good luck!

Starting Score: 542 (in 2006)
Current Score: 661 (TU FICO), 677 (EQ FICO), 672 (EX FICO)
Goal Score: 750+
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.