Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays. Time frame between apps

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Barclays. Time frame between apps

I'm just wondering if there a specific time frame between apps. History   Got Apple card.  Last September   Tried a couple other cards. Declined. U.S. air. And rung. Staring limit on Apple. 2k. Now 5400. What is thunders. Last app was June 6th. Too many new accounts. 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays. Time frame between apps

I was wondering the same thing. I was reading around and some say 6 months between apps, but others were able to get another card before then so I don't really know. I know they are new account and inquiry sensitive so that could be the reason for denial. As far as what they consider recent in that respect, I have no idea; 6 months more than likely, but it could be up to 12 months. Hopefully someone with more experience with Barclay will chime in.

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have read here it's 4 months for the same card, 30 days if it's a different card. That appears to hold true. Surprisingly, I got the Apple card last month but, didn't use it. Thansferred the $3.5K SL to my Rewards card. I was declined for the NFL card last month, too.

I've been declined for every other card over the past 7-8 months. They seem to be a "weird bird", hard to pin down.

I was kinda shocked I was approved for Apple with a $3.5K SL, I was declined altogether 5-6 months ago

Message 3 of 18
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have read here it's 4 months for the same card, 30 days if it's a different card. That appears to hold true. Surprisingly, I got the Apple card last month but, didn't use it. Thansferred the $3.5K SL to my Rewards card. I was declined for the NFL card last month, too.

I've been declined for every other card over the past 7-8 months. They seem to be a "weird bird", hard to pin down.

I was kinda shocked I was approved for Apple with a $3.5K SL, I was declined altogether 5-6 months ago

Yes declined for ring. Thinking about a co branded. Either hawaiin or Wyndham. Not sure if they would still be so hard core. 

Message 4 of 18
bengalikejenga
Regular Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

I'm just wondering if there a specific time frame between apps. History   Got Apple card.  Last September   Tried a couple other cards. Declined. U.S. air. And rung. Staring limit on Apple. 2k. Now 5400. What is thunders. Last app was June 6th. Too many new accounts. 

in my experience, i got my Barclays reward in November and i had to recon, because my TU was 650 back then.

then i applied for my Sallie Mae in May, soo i waited exactly 6 months inbetween apps. and i got approved for $2500, and i transfered some CL from my Barclays rewards.

i think if you apply and you get denied, the best thing might be too recon.

even though people say that Barclays is inquiry and new account sensitive,

from Nov to May, I acquired at least 6 new accounts.

Ex681 Tu694 EQ708
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unlike Chase and their co-branded cards, Barclays doesn't appear to have vastly different requirements for their co-branded.

Message 6 of 18
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Unlike Chase and their co-branded cards, Barclays doesn't appear to have vastly different requirements for their co-branded.

Others have told me exactly the opposite with their co branded. It's been 50 days since I tried for ring. Not sure really. 

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, it sure seems the same to me. Declined for US Airways card a couple times, NFL & ? I forget. Also declined Arrival+ & Ring. The only card I was disappointed not getting was the now-defunct US Airways. Their other cards just aren't that appealing to me.

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay's is a little more concerned than some others when they tell you "too many new accounts." I'd say 12 months not 6 based on my experience with Barclay's. I'd also recommend asking Barclay's what their opinion is of your specific profile and how long to wait.

How many new accounts? 5? 10? 15? Answer also depends on the number, but Barclay's can review all the nuances of your account and customize and answer specifically for you.

Barclay's doesn't want to feel as if you're wanting to add one mare card to your collection with them. I know it's not the answer you want to hear, but I'd wait 12 months for absolute best results.

Message 9 of 18
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Totally agree about barclays and not wanting to think youre just adding a card to your collection.

Probably best to wait 6 to 12 months for best limit and APR.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.