Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Travelocity Amex Auto CLI

tag
teenastie
Established Contributor

Barclays Travelocity Amex Auto CLI

I applied for a Barclay's Travelocity Amex in October last year. I was approved for the Card with an annual fee ($39) with a CL of $2500. I opted to have gas be my "special category" to earn double points, so this was essentially a glorified gas card from November until January. In January I took advantage of a 0% BT offer and SD the card. I BT $1300 to the card and paid about $100 a month for the next 5 months.

Last week (Friday) I noticed my offer was near expiration and I paid the card in full so I wouldn't be hit with any back interest. I checked my account on Saturday to see if the payment posted and noticed I received an auto CLI of $500 new CL is $3000!!!

The card has decent rewards~ travelocity purchases net a 10% return, special categories like  gas (or restaurants or groceries) nets 2%, everything else is 1% (towards more travelocity purchases). If you want an Amex but you're scared of FR's is a good pick up! 

Side-note I know the overall tone with Barclay's is to not add accounts within the first 6 months or you will receive an AA but I added 3 new cards and an auto loan since opening this card in November and still received a CLI (YMMV).

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays Travelocity Amex Auto CLI

@teenastie wrote:

I applied for a Barclay's Travelocity Amex in October last year. I was approved for the Card with an annual fee ($39) with a CL of $2500. I opted to have gas be my "special category" to earn double points, so this was essentially a glorified gas card from November until January. In January I took advantage of a 0% BT offer and SD the card. I BT $1300 to the card and paid about $100 a month for the next 5 months.

Last week (Friday) I noticed my offer was near expiration and I paid the card in full so I wouldn't be hit with any back interest. I checked my account on Saturday to see if the payment posted and noticed I received an auto CLI of $500 new CL is $3000!!!

The card has decent rewards~ travelocity purchases net a 10% return, special categories like  gas (or restaurants or groceries) nets 2%, everything else is 1% (towards more travelocity purchases). If you want an Amex but you're scared of FR's is a good pick up! 

Side-note I know the overall tone with Barclay's is to not add accounts within the first 6 months or you will receive an AA but I added 3 new cards and an auto loan since opening this card in November and still received a CLI (YMMV).

Nice! Congrats on the increase.  Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 2 of 5
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Congrats, and I am sure there is no HP from Barclays since it's auto.

Message 3 of 5
teenastie
Established Contributor

@tntexans72 wrote:

@Anonymous Thanks!

@txtexans- Thanks also... And I've checked my reports... No HP anywhere!

Message 4 of 5
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@teenastie wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

@Anonymous Thanks!

@txtexans- Thanks also... And I've checked my reports... No HP anywhere!

Even better!  Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.