Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays USAir MC CLI?

tag
cmacwvu
Established Member

Barclays USAir MC CLI?

I called in to Barclays US Airways mastercard customer service and requested a CLI of $1500 after an old collection fell off my reports.  They raised my limit from $3500 to $5000 with no problem, just questions of income.  This all happened a month ago on April 12th.  I log onto my account now and for the last week or so there is the option for a CLI.  Should I press my luck requesting another CLI or just be satisfied with the CLI from the month before?  Don't really need more credit but it never hurts to have a higher credit limit.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays USAir MC CLI?

The CLI luv button requests have been resulting in hard pulls.  If you have an inquiry to waste, why not.  Otherwise I'd be satisfied with the last CLI.  Wait about 6 months at your new credit line and then hit the luv button. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know how the various Barclay's products vary on CLI's,

but my Barclay's Juniper has given auto CLI's at six month intervals.  No hard pull for those.

And my CLI requests do trigger hard pulls.

Message 3 of 5
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know how the various Barclay's products vary on CLI's,

but my Barclay's Juniper has given auto CLI's at six month intervals.  No hard pull for those.

And my CLI requests do trigger hard pulls.

+1...unless you have a hard inquiry to blow...wait for the auto. Barclays do hard pulls now on requested CLI. I know cause I asked for 2 and they both showed on my EQ report. FYI...barclays checked the TU on application, but CLI are done through EQ or EX. It was EQ for me.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

And here's a "go figure" - my app and my requested CLI with hard inquiries were both on TU.

Which I'm glad for.  They are the only folks in the universe who pull TU for me.

(Except for mortgage and Cap One - which both pulled all 3).

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.