Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Uber Visa Refresh

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays Uber Visa Refresh

Very dissapointed by this change. Can't see myself using the card anymore after the change.

Message 51 of 200
FieryDance
Frequent Contributor

Well, there goes the only semi attractive card by Barclays. 

Message 52 of 200
Anonymous
Not applicable

@grower1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

this is hell. i spent 9 months building up my credit enough to app for the card and soon as i get it, they nerf it dead. i only got to make 2 purchases on it. they don't have any other good cards to pc over to either. Cat Mad

Sigh, this is very unfair to you. I remember when you were approved for this card. It seems like they should warn applicants if these changes are gonna take place near the time of application. It feels dishonest to me.

On another note, I had a Barclay's Reward card that they sold to another lender without warning. It happened to a lot of us, so I closed that card and transferred it's limit to the Uber, now this. I guess it's permanent SD for me!

it's really depressing! i called them to complain and said it's already all over the internet and people are upset, they're not gonna use the card anymore and they should reconsider changing it. so i asked how many other people are complaining about it... only 1 other person had called. yep. SD here we come. Smiley Sad

Message 53 of 200
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, I just got the email on this. The card will be nerfed on February 2020.   Looks like Uber VS will be going to the SD.  I'll keep it open and hope for one of Barclay's good BT offers. 

Maybe I'd better take my Marvel MC out of mothballs for 3% statement credits.  I could even use Sam's Club MC for 3% CB.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 814 (TU08, 8/10/23)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $20000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | ~~
Message 54 of 200
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@grower1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

this is hell. i spent 9 months building up my credit enough to app for the card and soon as i get it, they nerf it dead. i only got to make 2 purchases on it. they don't have any other good cards to pc over to either. Cat Mad

Sigh, this is very unfair to you. I remember when you were approved for this card. It seems like they should warn applicants if these changes are gonna take place near the time of application. It feels dishonest to me.

On another note, I had a Barclay's Reward card that they sold to another lender without warning. It happened to a lot of us, so I closed that card and transferred it's limit to the Uber, now this. I guess it's permanent SD for me!

it's really depressing! i called them to complain and said it's already all over the internet and people are upset, they're not gonna use the card anymore and they should reconsider changing it. so i asked how many other people are complaining about it... only 1 other person had called. yep. SD here we come. Smiley Sad

If it is losing money for them, and/or their partner is complaining that it isn't benefitting them as intended, all the complaints in the world won't change their mind.  Possibly they will get new Uber users who don't know, or don't want to use, alternatives!   Good/great cards get nerfed......

Message 55 of 200
Anonymous
Not applicable

Feb 2020 for me. They started messing with the card a couple months ago when they removed 2% on paypal purchases which caught me by surprise since there was no communication. Going to apply and switch over to WF Propel as it is very comparable with % back on categories with a $300 signup bonus, no AF, no FTF.
Message 56 of 200
grower1
Frequent Contributor

@randomguy1 wrote:

@grower1 wrote:

Just received my email while reading this thread. My card's reward structure will change in February. Smiley Sad

When did you first open the card? It seems as if changes are different depending on the person.

My changes begin in May however I opened the card in late August.

Barclay's Timeline:

Barclay’s Rewards - Opened 10/2016 —> Closed 8/15/2018 due to account being sold to another lender (Mercury).

Still received the Mercury card although they said I wouldn't. Mercury card also closed —>8/15/2018.

Opened Uber Visa -> 8/15/2018.

Related, just called Barclays to see if I had any options to product change, explaining that I have no use for Uber Cash. He said yes and started reading me the Uber Card rewards structure verbatim. Said he could upgrade me to the new card asap as a product change!! Smiley Mad

Message 57 of 200
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

When Uber was released they said they were going to add transfer partners, etc, and instead they nerfed it and changed it to forced Uber rewards only, which is the opposite of the original hype they created.

I never believed for a second that they would add transfer partners to a card that earned 4x on restaurants with no annual fee.

Message 58 of 200
Anonymous
Not applicable

@grower1 wrote:

Related, just called Barclays to see if I had any options to product change, explaining that I have no use for Uber Cash. He said yes and started reading me the Uber Card rewards structure verbatim. Said he could upgrade me to the new card asap as a product change!! Smiley Mad

Sounds like you got the sharpest tool in the shed!!!

Gives some hope.....SMH

Message 59 of 200
BH1985
Regular Contributor

I'm so happy I used two hard pulls to get this card and then two hard pulls to get my credit limit up on a card I won't be using.   :-/

Message 60 of 200
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.