Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays Uber Visa Refresh

Uber Visa = Uber cancelled.  

Message 81 of 200
redpat
Senior Contributor

Just another “here today and gone tomorrow”, card.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 82 of 200
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm wondering if I should just close it? No AF, but I don't see any reason to keep it other than the line of credit.

Message 83 of 200
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Taurus22 wrote:

Yep, this sucks. Got mine in April this year (2019) exclusively for the 4% restaurant cashback and the 3% travel just as a bonus category. Now this is a trash card. After reading about all this, if this is the way Barclay handles their cards, I will never get another card from them. This card hasn't even been out long enough to warrant a change like this.

That's one possible lesson.   As I said earlier, another view is get the cards while they are great, and move on when they are nerfed.   By avoiding them, you are settling for worse cards that may themselves be nerfed anyway....

IMO, the idea of "keeper" cards has really gone.   Be prepared to change your line up, just not all the time!

The more popular a feature or card is, the more likely it's unprofitable for the issuer, and the more likely it is to be cut.

Partly with your reminders of this, I've come to see impermanence as the true state of all cards.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 84 of 200
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called Uber Barclays, they are getting a lot of pushback and the CSR said they will refer the feedback to higher authorities.
This is the number : 866-823-7543

Message 85 of 200
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I called Uber Barclays, they are getting a lot of pushback and the CSR said they will refer the feedback to higher authorities.

While there's really nothing to lose by calling, I really don't see it making any difference. I cannot recall any time that a credit card issuer (much less Barclays) brought back benefits that were cut/changed, regardless of the complaints (which mostly come from unprofitable reward maximizers anyway, whom the bank really doesn't care much about).

While the reps have no choice, really, but to note your feedback and "pass it along", I don't think it's going to make any difference. Best bet is to just explore other options.

Message 86 of 200
JourneyStartsNow
New Contributor

Wow Barclays, wow. This card was my go to for Food purchases. I rarely need to use Uber even though I live in SF. I don't want Uber credits.

RIP Uber Visa 10/28/19.

BK7 Discharged 4/15. Back to square 1.
Message 87 of 200
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

While there's really nothing to lose by calling, I really don't see it making any difference. I cannot recall any time that a credit card issuer (much less Barclays) brought back benefits that were cut/changed, regardless of the complaints (which mostly come from unprofitable reward maximizers anyway, whom the bank really doesn't care much about).

While the reps have no choice, really, but to note your feedback and "pass it along", I don't think it's going to make any difference. Best bet is to just explore other options.

And what are we not seeing here? Complaints from people who use Uber with any regularity.

With all the information Uber and banks like to collect and share about customers, there may well be someone noting with pride that the Visa closures or complaints to customer service are coming from the unprofitable people who only used it as a general dining card and never or rarely book rides or get Eats delivery.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 88 of 200
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bye Bye Uber VISA

@Anonymous wrote:

Ironically I was going to apply to either the Uber Visa or the Propel, I am so glad I went for the Propel at the end

iirc, it is not so simple there with the redemption of these WF points. Only via gift cards, right?

Message 89 of 200
creditfan
Established Contributor

@Taurus22 wrote:
Yep, this sucks. Got mine in April this year (2019) exclusively for the 4% restaurant cashback and the 3% travel just as a bonus category. Now this is a trash card. After reading about all this, if this is the way Barclay handles their cards, I will never get another card from them. This card hasn't even been out long enough to warrant a change like this.

So.....I'm not getting the Savor (not paying AF to get 4% on restaurant) but I need a good dining card to replace this now. Is anything higher than 3% these days without an AF? Knew I should have just gotten the Citi Costco card.....at least it would have been stable.

https://www.ssfcu.org/loans-and-credit/credit-cards/powertravelrewards

effectively 3.3% card, however if you qualify for membership

haven't seen anyone mentioned

AARP card from chase also 3% dinning and gas

Message 90 of 200
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.