Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays and Lowes GEMB question

tag
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

Barclays and Lowes GEMB question

Hi everyone.

Two quick questions, how is barclays with having multiple accounts?

Has anyone applied and recieved a Lowes card and called up to increase their limit?

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays and Lowes GEMB question

@Breakthecycle2 wrote:

Hi everyone.

Two quick questions, how is barclays with having multiple accounts?

I have two and DW has one (Casey's, Apple for me, B&N for DW).  But they didn't used to like joint accounts

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 7
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Can't speak for Barclays, BUT I will be seeing how they feel about multiple accounts when I apply for the Frontier World Mastercard in October this year.

As for Lowe's, I was instantly approved at the cash register with a $400 purchase for a $1,200 limit.  I called them up the next morning, said I wanted to spend some more money, but didn't want to max out the card, instantly bumped to $2,000, soft pull on EQ and TU, she told me.

Hope this helps for the Lowe's question.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 3 of 7
clocktick
Valued Contributor

I received my Lowes card and online requested a CLI maybe 2 months after getting the card.  They denied it giving the reason that I haven't used the card enough...something along those lines, which was true.  I started using the card and PIF each time.  Maybe a couple months later I requested a CLI again.  This time they granted it and doubled my limit.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 7
MakeItAMudLight
Frequent Contributor

@jthedges wrote:

Can't speak for Barclays, BUT I will be seeing how they feel about multiple accounts when I apply for the Frontier World Mastercard in October this year.

As for Lowe's, I was instantly approved at the cash register with a $400 purchase for a $1,200 limit.  I called them up the next morning, said I wanted to spend some more money, but didn't want to max out the card, instantly bumped to $2,000, soft pull on EQ and TU, she told me.

Hope this helps for the Lowe's question.

What number did you call for the immediate Lowe's CLI?

Message 5 of 7
kjm79
Valued Contributor

DH has two Barclays.  Regular MC and then the Itunes Visa.  App'd a month apart. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 6 of 7
tray
Valued Contributor

I tried a couple of months ago when I activated my card online and I was denied I would try the backdoor number from lowe's good luck to you.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.