Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays and debt

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Barclays and debt

Does anyone have a relative good guess on what Barclays considers exceptable debt or util to still approve you.  My score I feel is high to get approved, but afraid that my current debt would get me declined.  Also do they get sensitive about inq after a certain number?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclays and debt

I'm not totally sure on the debt issue someone might be able to answer that for you but, I know they are inquiry sensative. I got denied recently because of too many inquiries and length of current credit history...or some jacked up wording. I'm actually stuck right now trying to figure out my next move for a card, but I'm proabably going to get the D because of the inquiries and length of new credit history.

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@mauwow0682 wrote:

I'm not totally sure on the debt issue someone might be able to answer that for you but, I know they are inquiry sensative. I got denied recently because of too many inquiries and length of current credit history...or some jacked up wording. I'm actually stuck right now trying to figure out my next move for a card, but I'm proabably going to get the D because of the inquiries and length of new credit history.

Did you call into credit for Recon and it was still a no?  Barclays is really good about Recon.

In my case I almost think I would have a better chance of the computer approving me over a human unless I got one that wasn't very concervative in there lending thoughts.

Message 3 of 6
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

I did call to get a recon and i got a no. I feel like a such a loser with the card that pretty much everyone supposidly gets. The person is was like "Are you trying to build a positive credit history?" and I was like yes, and then she gave me some scripted answer that they do see themselves as a card issuer to establish credit and that I should I apply when my accounts have aged a bit....I have 15 inquires, 10 of those CCs and the others were mortgage at the begining of year when i was looking to buy something.

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
score_building
Senior Contributor

Barclays seems to be somewhat mercurial-- hard to predict, but they do routinely punish for high uti., so even if approved, could be in for a rollercoaster ride if carrying any significant debt.  I tend to lump them in with amex, et al as far as, 'treat with PIF gloves' or be prepared for AA. 

Currently CL apprx 10k on a Barclays affinity card and am carrying 799.00 on a no fee, zero percent BT, they haven't lashed out yet but couldn't be surprised really, since also have a handful of new accts.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 5 of 6
scrubs
Regular Contributor

last feb got a letter from barclay to applied for their mc. i pulled the trigger barclay give me mc with 1600 dollars.  at that time i think my tu scores was 679 and zero or one inq..   they gave me an 300 cli to 1900 dollars in may.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.