Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays and inq sensitivity

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Barclays and inq sensitivity

I know barclays is very sensitive to inqs and in the past they have pulled TU for me. During a card app for them will they look at the number of new accounts or will they look at the number of inqs when deciding if you have had too many new accounts in the last 24 months. I have heard numbers thrown around about them being like 6/24. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays and inq sensitivity

They'll look at the number of new accounts. I've seen mention of the 6/24.
Not sure how many it really is? But they denied me with a TU right at 800.
The reason was the number of new accounts. I'm well passed lol/24, probably closer to No way in hell/24.😂
Message 2 of 17
red259
Super Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:
The reason was the number of new accounts. I'm well passed lol/24, probably closer to No way in hell/24.😂

Hmm so I will probably have to prioritize them right behind chase if I want to get their cards. I heard the AA cards are easier so not sure how difficult it will be vs going for an Arrival+

;
Message 3 of 17
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Yeah, I'm not sure if it's any easier. Been there done that with the Arrival+. Cancelled it several years ago.

As long as you're under 6/24. You'll most likely grab it.
Message 4 of 17
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

They look at inquiries.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 5 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

6/24 only seems to apply for the arrival+ card as i am like 30/24 and can get any of there business/personal cards, but know to avoid the arrival+.  As long as you can talk a good game if not instant approved such as my business AA card with them it is easy imo just gotta explain those cards away one way or another the arrival + is a different beast and no way around that due to huge sign-up bonus

Message 6 of 17
red259
Super Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

They look at inquiries.

They definetly look at inquiries. I guess it stands to reason they would also check accounts actually opened in the past 24 months that have reported to the credit report, but then again maybe I am giving them too much credit. 

;
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the Aviator Red MC last month. They pulled TU 630’s Fico08. After I was declined, I called recon. They didn’t say anything about inq (I had 6 that were under a year old). The sole reason they declined (they said) was for new accounts. 8 in 12mo.

So, judging by the conversations I had with them, they’re more sensitive to new accounts than they are inq. I’m sure there is some kind of limit for inq, but who knows what that limit is. And, I’m sure it’s different for every profile as well. Hope this helps somewhat. Good luck to you!
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

I heard the AA cards are easier so not sure how difficult it will be vs going for an Arrival+

My score was 780 and I was denied for the AA card for being over 6/24.

Message 9 of 17
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

One of the reasons Im in the garden is to pass Barclays weird underwriting.  When I exit my AAoA/AoYA should be 2 years, and I'll be at 0/24.

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.