Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays denied CLI

tag
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

Barclays denied CLI

Long story short, I just recently opened an account with a $1300 CL. I asked for a CLI online and just recieved a letter today stating the denial. I have too much available credit on my other CC. I LOL'd. I know they are relatively good with recon, should I try?

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Re: Barclays denied CLI

I certainly would.  They are very good with recon.  You already took the hard pull.  They should counter with something.

Good luck!

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 2 of 12
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

@KIPPIE12 wrote:

I certainly would.  They are very good with recon.  You already took the hard pull.  They should counter with something.

Good luck!

any specific phone number?

Message 3 of 12
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Try this sticky thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066

Good luck!

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 4 of 12
n777ua
Established Contributor

I just opened a Barclay's AppleStore account last weekend with a FICO ~690 and 2004BK, and my CL was $2700...so I would def. try and recon.  Good luck!

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

tell em ur buying a macbook pro thats 2200 and trying to take advantage of the financing. They'll up you.

Message 6 of 12
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

tell em ur buying a macbook pro thats 2200 and trying to take advantage of the financing. They'll up you.

Thanks! They are not open on the weekend though are they?

Message 7 of 12
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

negative

amazon
Message 8 of 12
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

WOW, that  was easy. She bumped me to $2500 after a few questions and said If I wanted to make a purchase to for the 0% finance, to reapply for the card (because mine is over 30 days now) and when Im denied, to call and explain everthing and to get my other card credit, transferred to my new card.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays approved CLI on recon

Congrats!  Good work on your part - and I'm glad you thought it was easy.

Thanks for updating everyone!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.