Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays is a bad joke

tag
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays is a bad joke

I must be one of the few who don't hate Barclays.. CLI can be slow coming but otherwise they've been good for me. Though I wish I still had my Sallie Mae ;-)

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if I understand the issue here. It sounds to me as if they closed your account just as you requested. If the problem was your credit limit increase denial, either increase your income or your credit profile.
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Vizion. They followed thru and closed it with some legal excuse.

To each their own with lenders. My biggest pet peeve is their payment system. I want to pay a balance in multiples throughout the month. Not an option. Also, not a fan of redemption either, otherwise, I like them and they remain in my wallet while they are useful To me.
A+ and AA red holder.
Message 13 of 18
eaglesilas
Valued Member

got my Barclay in august with a 5000,- limit,now i am at 10000,- so far so good

Amex blue cash everyday $10,200 , BofA Rewards VISA 10,000,Discover IT 20,000.Cabela's 5,000,Walmart MC 10,000,Lowes 14,000,BarclayCard Rewards 10,000,Amex Sky 5,000, Capital One QS Visa 4750,Capital one Venture 11,000,Ring 5,000,Citi Simplicity 5,000 ,Home Depot 7,000 ,JCP 10,000 ,HSBC 5,000 , Discover Miles 5,000 , Amazon Store 7,000 ,Chase Amazon Visa 5,000 , Best Buy Visa 10,000 ,QS 5,000 ,Venture 5,000 ,US Bank 7,000 ,Dell 1000,BofA Cash 5000,Tinker MC 2000,
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mitchblue wrote:

I must be one of the few who don't hate Barclays.. CLI can be slow coming but otherwise they've been good for me. Though I wish I still had my Sallie Mae ;-)

I'm with you.  They've been fine the 2 1/2 years that I have 2 of their cards (losing SM wasn't good though) and just had my g/f open a Red Aviator card for an easy 50K AA miles.

Message 15 of 18
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I'm willing to bet my left arm that Aragorn was bluffing and Barclays called him/her on it. He/she had no intention of wanting the card closed by his/her reaction of wanting to create a website to blah blah blah. As AJC would say, I'm just SMH. So let me reiterate to make sure I'm understanding OP's argument/anger. You got a $4K CLI (3.5K to 7.5K) and you were upset that it wasn't 6.5K? Am I understanding this correctly. I see you're a new member but MyFICOers on here would stampede over you to get a $4K CLI. Barclays is not a joke in this instance but unfortunately, the joke is on you.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mitchblue wrote:

I'm right there with ya! A lot of people have issues with Barclays, but *fingers crossed*, I've never had any problems with them. I've had about 5-6 inqs since I got my JetBlue Barclays card. 

I think the trick with Barclays is to use their cards. They are really sensitive to you getting new cards and reducing your spend on their card. In my experience, I can apply for as many new cards as I want so long as I still put good spend through my Barclays. I think they just really dislike bonus churners.

Message 17 of 18
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mitchblue wrote:

I'm right there with ya! A lot of people have issues with Barclays, but *fingers crossed*, I've never had any problems with them. I've had about 5-6 inqs since I got my JetBlue Barclays card. 

I think the trick with Barclays is to use their cards. They are really sensitive to you getting new cards and reducing your spend on their card. In my experience, I can apply for as many new cards as I want so long as I still put good spend through my Barclays. I think they just really dislike bonus churners.

You might be right on this.. I only have the one card now, the Rewards card but I pay my house bills, and my cell phone bill etc, whatever I can get the 2%.. Same and steady every month.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.