Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays is a fickle b****

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays is a fickle b****

Glad there was no BT fees OP. I'd dump them.
And yfan I used mine religiously and heavily. I was so afraid to even app after I received it. I was to afraid to take an INQ. Then one day boom CLD. I PIF like I did every month and closed it. But since I closed it I haven't had to worry any more about applying for things. It was the best decision I ever made
Message 11 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very sorry this happened, OP. Would you share how often the card was used each month prior to the balance transfer? Thank you.

Message 12 of 35
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

WoW!

They just keeping getting worse and i dunno they seem to be imploding.

Now i know that it was the right move made at the right time when i proactively closed them last year.

Whoever it was that said their toxic must have been speaking from the same experience.

Message 13 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

WoW!

They just keeping getting worse and i dunno they seem to be imploding.

Now i know that it was the right move made at the right time when i proactively closed them last year.

Whoever it was that said their toxic must have been speaking from the same experience.

Same here! I proactively closed my cashforward and ring cards last year as well.

I don't know why they are such herk-ama-jerks.

Message 14 of 35
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Glad there was no BT fees OP. I'd dump them.
And yfan I used mine religiously and heavily. I was so afraid to even app after I received it. I was to afraid to take an INQ. Then one day boom CLD. I PIF like I did every month and closed it. But since I closed it I haven't had to worry any more about applying for things. It was the best decision I ever made

Exactly! We shouldn't have to walk on eggshells with lenders!  It's unnecessairly nerve-wracking to wonder if you've been CLD'd between leaving the house and driving to the store.

OP, sorry this happened to you. I just posted my thread yesterday where they CLD'd me a second time for no apparent reason. 

Message 15 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ragelog wrote:

So after 10 months of having a Barclays Ring card I decide to use it for a balance transfer $1956.03 on a $6600 limit. Transfer is approved all seems well. I login today and notice my available credit is now 443.97 they reduced my credit line by $4200 because I decided to use their product. I have send a secure message inquiring. I am tempted to just pay it off and close the account if that is how they decide to treat customers.

Anyone have any success getting their limit reinstating when they decide to do something like this?

Thanks,

Sam

They are pathetic. Kick them to the curb and get a good low rate credit union card.

Message 16 of 35
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

If Bt equates to having money troubles then dont offer BT's.
Message 17 of 35
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

It would be nice if it were that simple, but lenders have to walk a fine line. They want the BT fees/profit, and they want you to transfer your balance to them, but at the same time, they don't want someone who is under financial stress or unlikely to pay. Unfortunately the algorithims cannot always correctly determine if you are actually a risk or not. So, this type of things happens even to people who aren't doing BTs because they are under financial stress.

Barclay's card lineup has shrunken dramatically, and they have been more aggressive with CLD/AA. Like I've said in prior posts, it would not surprise me if they cease to exist in the US sooner or later by merely selling off their card portfolio. There's nothing Barclay offers that you cannot find elsewhere -- low rates or rewards wise -- so I wouldn't waste too much time on them as a lender.

Message 18 of 35
yfan
Valued Contributor

It's not that simple. BTs by themselves may or may not equate having money trouble. The risk, as far as Barclays is conerned I think, is non-use or low-amount-use of the card for months followed by a big BT. They could take it to mean that you have been running up balances elsewhere because you can't pay it. Whereas high and high-amount usage with PIFs would indicate that it is in fact your normal credit behavior to spend that much and pay it back.

We're all speculating here of course. None of us is Barclays, so we can't know their exact motives.

Message 19 of 35
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

It would be nice if it were that simple, but lenders have to walk a fine line. They want the BT fees/profit, and they want you to transfer your balance to them, but at the same time, they don't want someone who is under financial stress or unlikely to pay. Unfortunately the algorithims cannot always correctly determine if you are actually a risk or not. So, this type of things happens even to people who aren't doing BTs because they are under financial stress.

Barclay's card lineup has shrunken dramatically, and they have been more aggressive with CLD/AA. Like I've said in prior posts, it would not surprise me if they cease to exist in the US sooner or later by merely selling off their card portfolio. There's nothing Barclay offers that you cannot find elsewhere -- low rates or rewards wise -- so I wouldn't waste too much time on them as a lender.

I wish someone else would offer me 3x points at Apple - I usually buy a new iPad and iPhone every year, and a new Mac every few years. Those gift cards were a big help, especially when they messed up on my iPhone purchase last time and sent double gift cards. 

Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.