Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays is a fickle b****

tag
yfan
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays is a fickle b****

@DeeBee78 wrote:

I wish someone else would offer me 3x points at Apple - I usually buy a new iPad and iPhone every year, and a new Mac every few years. Those gift cards were a big help, especially when they messed up on my iPhone purchase last time and sent double gift cards. 

Discover does, through their online portal. They have a 5% on Apple Online. It doesn't cover Macbook pros, but everything else is covered, including iPhones, iPads, etc.

Message 21 of 35
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Barclays at it again unfortunately. I suspect during one of their AR's on your report, something changed that their algorithm or what have you did not like. This sucks but it's what we've come to know of barclays.

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 22 of 35
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@yfan wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

I wish someone else would offer me 3x points at Apple - I usually buy a new iPad and iPhone every year, and a new Mac every few years. Those gift cards were a big help, especially when they messed up on my iPhone purchase last time and sent double gift cards. 

Discover does, through their online portal. They have a 5% on Apple Online. It doesn't cover Macbook pros, but everything else is covered, including iPhones, iPads, etc.

Whaaaaaaaaaa!?

*Goes to apply for Discover IT* 

Message 23 of 35
noobody
Established Contributor

Electronic is one of the Cash+ 5% category.

I know it's including apple B&M , i am not sure about apple.com, as i haven't shop there for a while.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 24 of 35
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@yfan wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Whaaaaaaaaaa!?

Buy it on Amazon with a 5% Chase Amazon Visa..!!

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 25 of 35
yfan
Valued Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@yfan wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Whaaaaaaaaaa!?

Lol. Discover actually has a pretty good online portal (known as Discover Deals)that a lot of people don't take advantage of. They have 5% cahback on Apple online, Walmart online (if your local Walmart has the item, you can buy online and pickup in store), Sears online, Old Navy, Dell, heck, even Groupon.

Message 26 of 35
Ragelog
Established Contributor

Update called they didn't like me doing another bt on top of theirs moving it to my DCU card as they appreciate my business and have closed the account.
EQ04 675, EQ08 676, EX08 719, TU08 703 $12704.75/$123050 Revolving Credit (All 0% or 1.99%) - In Garden Since 5/25/2016

Last negative item should fall off in July 2017.
Message 27 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did they close it? Or did you close it? 

Message 28 of 35
Ragelog
Established Contributor

I did I have no need for creditors like them.
EQ04 675, EQ08 676, EX08 719, TU08 703 $12704.75/$123050 Revolving Credit (All 0% or 1.99%) - In Garden Since 5/25/2016

Last negative item should fall off in July 2017.
Message 29 of 35
Kidcat
Established Contributor

@Ragelog wrote:
Update called they didn't like me doing another bt on top of theirs moving it to my DCU card as they appreciate my business and have closed the account.

If I'm understanding you previously transferred a Barclays balance to DCU, and this time transfer a balance to Barclays?  So 1 from Barclays and 1 to Barclays.

They might think you are shuffling debt.

Like others have said, you won't miss them.  I'm closing Sallie Mae before the change.  Good luck in your future endeavors OP

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.