Message 31 of 55
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays is greedy.

@juggalo9er wrote:

i want to make sure i understand the context of this thread

you did not pay them with time to spare before statement closing

so they charged you interest?

If that was case. Would be no thread. 4 lenders paid on same day. 1-30-2015. 3 lenders complete. Still barclays not posted. A week now. Why the delay. Money taken thru ach last week. In order to get interest. How electronic payments take 7 days is mystery. And why no late fee. Because payment made well before time. That's why. Over a week. But by not posting it. Even you got it a week ago. Now you can charge interest that simple. 

Message 32 of 55
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

If that was case. Would be no thread. 4 lenders paid on same day. 1-30-2015. 3 lenders complete. Still barclays not posted. A week now. Why the delay. Money taken thru ach last week. In order to get interest. How electronic payments take 7 days is mystery. And why no late fee. Because payment made well before time. That's why. Over a week. But by not posting it. Even you got it a week ago. Now you can charge interest that simple. 

i had them take 10 days before it posted, they cited it was an "unusaul" payment based on my history

Message 33 of 55
taxi818
Super Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

i had them take 10 days before it posted, they cited it was an "unusaul" payment based on my history

So if I send check snail mail. 30 days out?  That's insane. 10 days from bank. Even cap one posted it in 3 days. 10 days no excuse what so ever. 

Message 34 of 55
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

call them

Message 35 of 55
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
This is why im kinda afraid to use my banks bill pay because it seems it is always slower

I've never used mine.  They give warning up front may cause delay.  Have always payed bills from the site itself.  JMHO.

Signature needs updating
Message 36 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did yours still hold for 7 days straight from the site?

They're not releasing my credit until 7 days after it posts from my bank as cleared. Not even the little podunk secured card I had from the middle of Georgia took that long to credit an account. Especially a straight ACH like that.

Message 37 of 55
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

When was the due date?  Like others have said, I don't get the timing, sending 6 days before statement close is not going to meet the due date (which has possibly already gone)

Message 38 of 55
taxi818
Super Contributor

The due date is 3 days before. 0 due as I had already made a payment soon as I received statement. Decided to just pif and be done with it a week ago. Therefore because Tim it takes them to post the paid in full payment. It accrued $11.92 interest. No even cap one that slow. 

Message 39 of 55
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

I use Bill Pay for my bank and it shows different creditors take different amounts of time to get payments.  Also when I pay directly on credit card sites, some post same day and some post next day. I don't think you can always count that all credit card or bank systems process payments in the same time frame. It just doesn't work that way.  I'm not saying that Barclay isn't greedy, I'm just stating that this situation isn't definitive proof.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 40 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.