Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays killing me.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays killing me.

@gdale6 wrote:

Its not just CC holders Barclay goes after   http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/barclays-stop-trading-with-clients-boost-profits-a74...

Nice piece of work! Very informative ... had no idea. Likley, what is referenced in the article carries to other parts of their business model? Thanks!

Message 31 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I, too, was once a Barclays defender..... it will never happen to me-they must be doing something wrong.

Ha.
Message 32 of 39
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

I've made an administrative decision!

In order to increase MY profitability, I have decided that down sizing is necessary.

Therefore, as CEO of my wallet, I have decided to take AA on THERE A$$!!

I'm canceling Barclays after I pay it off this month!!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 33 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol @grillmaster.... good for you!
Message 34 of 39
wm7878x2

You guys have me worried. I just received a cli to 10,000 on my Barclays Reward card. I don't know if thats a good thing or a bad thing now.

Message 35 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@rlx01 wrote:
The Barclays Arrival+ has a very special niche in that it's a no FTF 2.1% CB MC card with secondary Chip + PIN support. I spend $3000+ a month outside the US in non bonus categories so it adds up fast.

Presumably other people have the Ring, SM, etc.

Not sure how Barclays and Synchrony are in the same group. Smiley Happy

The group includes:

Barclays - Jealous CLD's

Synchrony - Blue envelopes of DOOM

Comenity - Random(?) Account Closures

Have I missed anyone?

This definitely sums it up perfectly.

Message 36 of 39
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

Brutal!  Just another Barclays' screws their customer story.  I've kept my lines the same (Ring 12.5 & NFL 8K), no bt's, no requests for apr reduction.  I use my cards occasionally, but they are far from my real swipers.  Staying under the radar with them.

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 37 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now it's my turn to defend Barclays.

Their credit card websites never crash it doesn't take long to log in in the checkout line at best buy or at the bar closing tab… to make sure your account is still open and has room.
Message 38 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm pretty much always on app sprees for bonuses and have yet to catch AA from Barclaycard. This on top of constantly hitting them up for 0% offers, lower base APR, Bonus point promos.

I even occasionally park a balance with them and pay it off in 6 monthly installments on the aforementioned 0% promos, often combined with a bonus spend.
Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.