Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays lowered my limit to a to $500

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays lowered my limit to a to $500

That happened to me they gave us three Auto increases, and when I started looking around to see if I should do a balance transfer they hacked juniper, 10yo card, from 9 Grand to 500 and my NFL card from 7000 to 1000
Message 31 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays can undo a year of rebuilding. When other companies see that your util went up by 20% and not spending a dime they can hack You too
Message 32 of 84
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Barclays can undo a year of rebuilding. When other companies see that your util went up by 20% and not spending a dime they can hack You too

This is one of the chief reasons I made a proactive choice to jettison that bunch from off my own profile.

After reading numerous members frustration where after they had come so far in building their credit up only to have met that fate and the frequency of those posts it was enough.

Better to be safe than sorry. One member here says they are Toxic. I never got chopped by their hatchet thank goodness but I certainly didn't appreciate their staff acting like they knew more about your credit than you when calling in to request a CLI.

Very unruly experience too many times and I don't miss them one iota. It's too bad they can't be more professional as other lenders who are willing to work with you and be helpful.

Message 33 of 84
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

I think it's safe to say we're beating a dead horse at this point.  I broke it off with them back in 2008 when they got fidigity with CL's and told them to pound sand.

Message 34 of 84
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@austinguy907 wrote:

I think it's safe to say we're beating a dead horse at this point.  I broke it off with them back in 2008 when they got fidigity with CL's and told them to pound sand.

There will be more dead horses to beat just like this one. It won't end.

Since first joining this forum it's been a constant irritant.

Maybe one day another big lender will scoop them up, acquire them, and change things for the better but as-is, unless your one of the few on their favorite list it's a card account that you better be on your toes with.

Message 35 of 84
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

I've seen this numerous times as well around here since joining.  It's nothing new which falls into the dead horse catagory.  This simply acts more like a fire drill to catch peoples attn to check their accounts for the same action.  It never fails with them and a couple of other lenders to have a flurry of CLD / AA or whatever you want to call it periodically.  Synch took the summer, Barclay's looks like Fall, and probably Comenity will follow up with a frozen tundra of a winter.  Who's going to get to work on Spring though at this point is anyones guess.

Message 36 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

I do not understand that company.

Neither do I.

For example they were my first Instant Approval for $5K on the Rewards MC after a few tries for Sallie Mae earlier went nowhere and wasted HP's

Kept that card and used it normally even letting them make interest from me numerous times by rolling balances on occasion.

Eventually got weary of getting told no all the time for ANY cli requested and having to endure very harsh scrutiny from their U/W interrogation techniques which bordered on the unruly at times, so applied for The Ring one day and that one too was denied,

BUT they did allow to take from the Rewards MC to open the Ring at that same limit. Opportunity presented itself for a strategic spree this past summer to round out my profile but before going forward with that, it was the better part of valor to get Barclays out-of-the-way so I closed the Ring, a good card that I liked a lot.

Barclays makes no sense to me. They just arrogantly seem to throw away good paying customers along with PROFITS which once frustrated turns those customers attention over to their competitors because other lenders are more than happy to tap into that interest flow etc.

Yeah and I really did have to sweat to get that Ring card too. One of the things holding me back was that I had a number of TU hard pulls from applying for a CLI on my Barclays LL Bean $2k CL card... at the time I didn't know they were doing a HP with each CLI request. When I explained to their "analysts" that these HP's had nothing to do with aggressive credit-seeking, but were merely an attempt to make my Barclays LL Bean card a bit more useful, they said they understood but the 'system' wouldn't let them grant me the card because of the inquiries. I.e. they had no discretion to 'analyze' the situation, they were locked out of anything other than a denial. Not very sensible.

And now of course, since I'm not willing to be monogamous with Barclays, since I don't trust any bank and want to be diversified, I'm always at risk of some weird 'adverse action' by Barclays whenever they decide to get jealous of my new relationships Smiley Happy

But I am sufficiently enamoured with the Ring card that I would probably never close that account. 'She' would have to be the one to file for divorce  Smiley Happy

It is time to come clean! You are a spokesperson and cheerleader for Barclay's ... paid? Smiley Happy

Message 37 of 84
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Neither do I.

For example they were my first Instant Approval for $5K on the Rewards MC after a few tries for Sallie Mae earlier went nowhere and wasted HP's

Kept that card and used it normally even letting them make interest from me numerous times by rolling balances on occasion.

Eventually got weary of getting told no all the time for ANY cli requested and having to endure very harsh scrutiny from their U/W interrogation techniques which bordered on the unruly at times, so applied for The Ring one day and that one too was denied,

BUT they did allow to take from the Rewards MC to open the Ring at that same limit. Opportunity presented itself for a strategic spree this past summer to round out my profile but before going forward with that, it was the better part of valor to get Barclays out-of-the-way so I closed the Ring, a good card that I liked a lot.

Barclays makes no sense to me. They just arrogantly seem to throw away good paying customers along with PROFITS which once frustrated turns those customers attention over to their competitors because other lenders are more than happy to tap into that interest flow etc.

Yeah and I really did have to sweat to get that Ring card too. One of the things holding me back was that I had a number of TU hard pulls from applying for a CLI on my Barclays LL Bean $2k CL card... at the time I didn't know they were doing a HP with each CLI request. When I explained to their "analysts" that these HP's had nothing to do with aggressive credit-seeking, but were merely an attempt to make my Barclays LL Bean card a bit more useful, they said they understood but the 'system' wouldn't let them grant me the card because of the inquiries. I.e. they had no discretion to 'analyze' the situation, they were locked out of anything other than a denial. Not very sensible.

And now of course, since I'm not willing to be monogamous with Barclays, since I don't trust any bank and want to be diversified, I'm always at risk of some weird 'adverse action' by Barclays whenever they decide to get jealous of my new relationships Smiley Happy

But I am sufficiently enamoured with the Ring card that I would probably never close that account. 'She' would have to be the one to file for divorce  Smiley Happy

It is time to come clean! You are a spokesperson and cheerleader for Barclay's ... paid? Smiley Happy

Smiley Very Happy

SJ really loves his Ring Card, and for good reason.

I know, I worked really hard and waited a very long time just to get one myself but.................

Message 38 of 84
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Neither do I.

No, in fact they've been kind of passive-aggressive towards me Smiley Happy Each time I reconned their denials of my Ring Card applications, they would praise me for the way I've handled my credit, then excoriate me and interrogate me over my recent inquiries and other things.  It was just an exquisite form of torture.

But the first time I learned about the Ring card, I thought wow, this is the perfect card. I immediately told my son about it, who immediately applied, and was immediately approved. Then I applied and got turned down Smiley Happy

My love for the Ring card may be unrequited love. So far Barclays hasn't take any adverse action against me, knock on wood. But who knows if they will lower the boom on me any  day.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 39 of 84
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Neither do I.

Smiley Very Happy

SJ really loves his Ring Card, and for good reason.

I know, I worked really hard and waited a very long time just to get one myself but.................

I loved the card long before I finally got one. It was my ultimate goal card. And I still consider it by far the best card out there.

I know for some people it doesn't cut it, but for my mentality it's the right card.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 40 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.