Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays lowered my limit to a to $500

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays lowered my limit to a to $500

Shuffman call the Portfolio Credit Dept listed in Backdoor Numbers thread. They are the ones responsible for your cld and only they can help you.

Message 51 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@washpadude wrote:

@Anonymous

Making multiple payments per month only to turn around and get the money back via cash advance, is likely seen as VERY risky behavior. It's also a relatively new account, regularly using over 50% of available credit. Using the card for business purposes is probably in direct violation of your TOS. I wouldn't be surprised if they continue to balance chase you and close the account. Hope it works out better than that for you.

I told them over the phone my intentions when I had to confirm my information and the employees I spoke with were in agreement with my usage strategy. That was the whole reason I dealt with Barclay bank in the first place was the $1 cash advance fee and 8% interest. Capital one gave me a 10K venture starting limit and the credit anaylsis on the phone sounded thrilled when I explained my self employment history and future plans. No other bank has pulled this crap in the 4 years I've been using credit cards. If I was making minimum payments or carrying a large ballance I'd understand that, this is punishing good behavior! 

What is the point of a credit card I can't use then pay off? Every other bank has been normal to work with, use the card, make good payments, get rewarded. Pay the ballance down to zero once in a while or close to it and everyone is happy. Not Barclay! 

Here is a link to my payment history on the Ring.  

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B69TXwvriLACa1FYY0toY05yMzg

Message 52 of 84
baller4life
Super Contributor

They don't care about your payment history when their computer cld. It is only looking for rising util, multiple new accounts/inqs,new derogs,etc. Anything they deem as potential risky behavior. This is coming from someone that had a MASSIVE cld. $10k to $800. Which I promptly closed. I don't play with Barclays. I refuse to walk their tightrope!

866-663-6532 (Portfolio Credit, M-F 8 to 5 EST)

Message 53 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am tired of hearing these stories of Barclay AA. I closed my cashforward down months ago because I read these stories and made me paranoid and I beat them to it before they had the chance. So I applied and got the Ring card a few months ago with a 5k limit like an idiot.

My brother has/had the Ring card for a while with a 15k limit. 800 credit score, his utilization is 4% across all his cards. This morning he checked his account and the slashed it down to $1500. no rime no reason, no baddies, lates, low uti, aaoa of 8 years. He did get 4 new accounts this year spread out. 

I'm sick of being paranoid and hearing what they did to my brother, put the frosting on the cake.

I closed my Ring 2 hours ago and feel a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I will never be a Barclay card holder again. I no longer have to worry which way the wind is blowing.

Sorry this happened to you OP.

Message 54 of 84
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Donny,

Good choice considering no one seems to be immune to the AA of Barclay the bipolar red headed step child practices of randomly pissing off their customers.  Dropping the bomb like that from 15K to 1500 on your brother should serve as an unfortunate example of how crappy they are to deal with.  There are plenty of guinea pigs around here though that still give them praises and how they would never break up with them EVER.  They may soon become the dumped instead of the dumper in this relationship of fallacies.  It's been well documented around here for years that they were a PITA if you even made the subtlest changes in your profile after getting them into your wallet.  We can keep posting stories like this and people will read them but, will they actually comprehend the fire they're walking into?

Message 55 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinguy907 wrote:

Donny,

Good choice considering no one seems to be immune to the AA of Barclay the bipolar red headed step child practices of randomly pissing off their customers.  Dropping the bomb like that from 15K to 1500 on your brother should serve as an unfortunate example of how crappy they are to deal with.  There are plenty of guinea pigs around here though that still give them praises and how they would never break up with them EVER.  They may soon become the dumped instead of the dumper in this relationship of fallacies.  It's been well documented around here for years that they were a PITA if you even made the subtlest changes in your profile after getting them into your wallet.  We can keep posting stories like this and people will read them but, will they actually comprehend the fire they're walking into?

I'm not sure others believe it will/could/just a matter of time/sooner or later/sneeze the wrong way happen to them. I know dang well it would have most probable happen to me seeing I use my other creditors a lot more than the Ring of Fire/Barclays.

Message 56 of 84
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am tired of hearing these stories of Barclay AA. I closed my cashforward down months ago because I read these stories and made me paranoid and I beat them to it before they had the chance. So I applied and got the Ring card a few months ago with a 5k limit like an idiot.

My brother has/had the Ring card for a while with a 15k limit. 800 credit score, his utilization is 4% across all his cards. This morning he checked his account and the slashed it down to $1500. no rime no reason, no baddies, lates, low uti, aaoa of 8 years. He did get 4 new accounts this year spread out. 

I'm sick of being paranoid and hearing what they did to my brother, put the frosting on the cake.

I closed my Ring 2 hours ago and feel a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I will never be a Barclay card holder again. I no longer have to worry which way the wind is blowing.

Sorry that it also happened to your close family member and I think you saved yourself a world of hurt by making that decision.

Did you offer them an explanation of why you were closing your Ring Card or did they bother to even ask why?

Message 57 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry that it also happened to your close family member and I think you saved yourself a world of hurt by making that decision.

Did you offer them an explanation of why you were closing your Ring Card or did they bother to even ask why?

They did ask why, I simply said I'm not able to utilize their product. It was quite simple. I didn't want to insult the CSR.

Message 58 of 84
baller4life
Super Contributor

donny what reason did they give your brother for cld?
Message 59 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
donny what reason did they give your brother for cld?

To much available credit. more like, you don't use our card enough, but if you use it we will still CLD ya, because our computers have dementia.

Message 60 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.