Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays now offer lock feature

tag
MAZDA3
Frequent Contributor

Barclays now offer lock feature

So as I’m sitting here on my last day in Thailand, catching up on emails and doing laundry, I logged in to pay my Wyndham card and discovered that Barclays now allows you to lock your card.

Good news, but I still don’t know what to think of the upcoming Wyndham devaluation.

It’s been a lovely week in yet another Bangkok vacation.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays now offer lock feature

Ouch! Never had the card, but I bought some of their points on sale once.

For anyone unaware, it looks like they're going from a flat 15k to three tiers: 7.5k, 15k, or 30k. For small subset of their huge portfolio, 15k was a bargain.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 5
MAZDA3
Frequent Contributor

The annual bonus points for Plat and Diamond is changing too. I’ll keep this card one more year to get me back up to 60k point and then close it. I’m pretty sure the hotel I redeem at most often is going up to 30k. May as well get two nights while I can.
Message 3 of 5
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@MAZDA3 wrote:
The annual bonus points for Plat and Diamond is changing too. I’ll keep this card one more year to get me back up to 60k point and then close it. I’m pretty sure the hotel I redeem at most often is going up to 30k. May as well get two nights while I can.

Or 3 nights while it's still 15k, then quit? Or no travel/award availability for a bit?

I could see the news creating an award-booking rush.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 4 of 5
MAZDA3
Frequent Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@MAZDA3 wrote:

Or 3 nights while it's still 15k, then quit? Or no travel/award availability for a bit?

I could see the news creating an award-booking rush.

No upcoming trips planned other than WEHO Pride in June, which i've already booked using 60k points for four nights. Believe me, I would have booked it yesterday as soon as I learned of the upcoming changes, because i'm fairly certain this property is going to change to 30k. It's location on Santa Monica Blvd is prime real-estate. It's not a very nice hotel, needs renovation BADLY, but location location location. And it usually goes for $200/night and up.

Silver lining; the $500 I normally spend over that weekend can go towards my 2020 return to SE Asia.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.