Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays's Reward suprise CLI

tag
fnne99
Established Member

Barclays's Reward suprise CLI

I've had this card since Feb 2013 with a cl of $1900 with a FICO that is around 650 TU. I've been pounding on it quite a bit with airlines tickets, vacation, etc but have always paid a very large chunk of the balance back but still left a medium sized balance ($500-700). I woke up this morning and was suprised to see a CLI to $3200! Anyone else seen automatic cli's from these guys? I was under  the assumption they were kinda tight. So far so good with Barclays!

ef

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclays's Reward suprise CLI

I went from $500 to $2000 after about 9 months, using it for gas and groceries. I always left a little or no balance.

Message 2 of 18
jake619
Frequent Contributor

Message 3 of 18
fnne99
Established Member

Probably should close this. I just saw another similar thread with 16 pages of resposes trying to figure out how and when you get a Barclay's CLI or CLD. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 18
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

You just got some love from them. Why would you close it? Congrats on your CLI! I love Barclays and they've been really easy to work with for me. CLIs cost a HP, but that should be expected. If you get auto love.... You literally are being shown love for handling your finances well. Enjoy it and keep up the good work! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 5 of 18
fnne99
Established Member

Sorry. I meant close this thread since its being discussed already. Sorry for the confusion.  This card will continued to be used frequently. I just wish I could get these BT/CLI checks I'm reading about!!

Message 6 of 18
tyler6883
Established Member

After seeing your post I thought i would log in to my account and low and behold i recevied a $2000 CLI. This the second auto CLI I've received in the past year, although the first one was only $500. Barclay's is looking better and better every day.

Message 7 of 18
flashevo
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the auto CLI.  When did you open your account?  I opened mine on Feb 6 (I think), but i haven't received anything as of yet.  Maybe too many new accounts, but at least I didn't get AA.

Again, Congrats...

NFCU Flagship Sig (24.5k); NFCU CashRewards (24.5k); NFCU NavCheck (15k); Chase Sapphire Preferred (15k) ;Chase Marriott Rewards (14k);US Bank Flex Perks (9k); Barclays Rewards (8k); Chase Freedom (14k); BOA Travel Rewards Sig (20k); BOA Privileges with Cash Rewards Sig (9k); Discover IT (6.5k); Walmart Discover (3k); Wells Fargo Platinum (9.5k); Wells Fargo LOC (10k); Bloomingdales Amex (5k); Macy's Amex (5k); Paypal Extras Mastercard (6k); Bananna Republic Visa (5.5k); Lowes (6k); Sams Club Discover (5k)....In the garden since 8/15/13

Message 8 of 18
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the CLI... this post gives me a serious case of the smiles Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy .... Just got my card in the mail today. Can't wait to see what is in store for me in 6 months.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 9 of 18
myjourney
Super Contributor

@fnne99 wrote:

I've had this card since Feb 2013 with a cl of $1900 with a FICO that is around 650 TU. I've been pounding on it quite a bit with airlines tickets, vacation, etc but have always paid a very large chunk of the balance back but still left a medium sized balance ($500-700). I woke up this morning and was suprised to see a CLI to $3200! Anyone else seen automatic cli's from these guys? I was under  the assumption they were kinda tight. So far so good with Barclays!

ef

Congrats on auto luv

To answer your question yes I saw auto luv 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.