Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays said this...

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Barclays said this...

Are they willing to do it after you PIF or will that be too late?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 20
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Well the customer service dept said I had to pay down the balance first, not the credit dept...they are not open today.

For all I know the credit dept will just do what I am asking, close current card, move entire balance and CL to new card and send me the new card, we will see.

I left them a VM on the analyst backdoor number.

Message 12 of 20
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

It sounds like you're wanting to pc from apple to virgin. Barclays won't pc. Did the  rep know that you had been denied the virgin? 

I think a better tack would be to call the backdoor sticky and recon your denial. Once you have the virgin card open, Barclays will move the avail CL wherever you want it. But yeah, they won't move the balance you owe to a different card - that would be a PC, which theydon't do. 

I haven't heard of themmoving a CL to open a new cc. That really sounds more like a pc.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 13 of 20
Andy77
Valued Contributor

I know for a fact barclays does PC as people on this board have posted that they have recieved them.  That is why I requested one.

I called the backdoor number and left a VM and said..I applied for the Virgin card and was declined, "but I did not need or want two cards so please transfer the balance and CL to the Virgin card and rush mail me that one"

BUT since they don't do PC, according to you,, maybe they will just close the Apple card and open the virgin card...

We will see what happens when they call Monday.

Message 14 of 20
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

When I first got the Apple card, I called to change it to iTunes and they told me that they don't do that, and that I would need to app for the iTunes card if I wanted it. I've onlyread one successful Barclays pc on here and that was someone who called the retention dept andwas ready to close his acct. the rep did pc in that case. So, while they can do it, it's not something they usually will do. Mostly I've read posts here from peoplewho Barclays wouldn't pc. 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 15 of 20
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Message 16 of 20
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

The terms are different between the two cards, that's why they won't  just move the balance over.

i suppose they could in theory create a seperate balance category (like they do for promotional offers), but that's probably too complicated of a thing to have your average service rep handling and not causing as many issues as it solves.

Message 17 of 20
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Since you took a Hp for the app, why not go ahead and try and get a CLI? Maybe the reason they are giving you a hard time about moving the Cl over is because your Avail credit is real low, but if you got them to increase Credit line, maybe they would go ahead with the PC. i don't know for sure, just giving you some thoughts lol Smiley Wink

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 18 of 20
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

This person got their PC change done

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Barclays-Airtran-gt-Barclaycard-Rewards-Visa-PC-APPROVE...

So I will wait and see

They may have PC'd that person because it doesn't look like they are offering the Air Tran card anymore. It is no longer listed on Barclays web site.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 19 of 20
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Called the backdoor number today, talked to an analyst, she looked at my app while I was on hold and came back and said, since you included Barclays in your BK (I did for about 5k) we cannot approve you for another card now.  i said how long do you think I will have to wait and she said, I could not tell you, but a long time.

Should I recon again (call back) or forget it?

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.