Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays

Anyone know how often Barclays will do a cli? It seems that they only do hp and there is no luv button on the website. Says I have to call.
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays

I think I have a luv button on mine if I'm not mistaken. As far as them auto increasing, it can be very random at times. After you first open with them, they are decent at an increase around 6 months, but after that I think ymmv.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 24
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

There isn't a universal timeframe.  Some get auto CLI'ed at 6 months.  Some do not.  How often isn't just about the creditor but what one's credit profile and income qualify for.  Try calling in and using the APR reduction method.

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Barclays Ring MC. I thought the initial CL was low compared to my other cards. The product has a card member forum, somewhat similar to My Fico. The Ring product is relatiovely new, well now I gues 4 years old. In the beginning and recently there have been many posts about Barclays CLIs. For me it was 1 year after I got the card. Nothing more since then. Some members got one after 6 months and others had to call in. One of the Barclays staff that manages the site says to keep the card utilization around 20 to 30%, and make payments more than minimum. He said this will trigger auto CLIs. It has not happened to me. IMHO I think Barclays is very stingy and there is no Luv buttion, you must call in.

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try getting a higher sl to begin with.  They're on the stingy side to me.  I've had 2 for almost 2 yrs.  No cli's.  My last, the Ring, started at 15k so I'm in no hurry for a cli right now.

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the full website ... request an increase is an option, for my cash forward card it is anyway
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
On the full website ... request an increase is an option, for my cash forward card it is anyway

Same for my CashFoward and Arrival Plus

Screen Shot 2016-05-29 at 10.19.15 PM.png

Message 7 of 24
dwz55
Regular Contributor

Started at 5k went  to 10 at the 6 month mark, went to 14 at the 12 month mark and finally went to 16.5 at the 22 month mark. All were auto increases.

TU 780 April 2014
EQ 797 May 2014
EX 786 May 2014
Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most people try at 6 months via the requesting for the lower APR method and then asking abou the CLI later. I did that 5 months in. I got the card in June for $2,500 then in November it went to $3,200 and then this month they gave me an auto CLI to $6,200. Just use it and be patient.
Message 9 of 24
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Anyone know how often Barclays will do a cli? It seems that they only do hp and there is no luv button on the website. Says I have to call.

1. They often do auto CLI's at 6 month intervals.

2. Their luv button is always a HP.

3. It's sometimes possible to get a SP CLI offer. The usual technique is to call up, ask for

an interest rate reduction, after being granted or denied the interest rate reduction, rep will

tell you there is a SP CLI offer or you ask rep if there is one.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.