cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barneys New York Credit Card out of Market!

tag
J-F168
Frequent Contributor

Barneys New York Credit Card out of Market!

Your account will no longer be accepted as a form of payment starting 11/1/2019. We will continue to serve you and service your account until your balance is paid in full.

EX 716 - EQ 707 - TU 724
BK 7 D/C Dec '16.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barneys New York Credit Card out of Market!

Whoopsie! This was bound to happen in light of their recent BK filing. Same thing happened with a few other retailers backed by Comenity... Elder-Beerman/Bonton stores, for instance.
Message 2 of 16
J-F168
Frequent Contributor

Just lost almost 40k lol 

EX 716 - EQ 707 - TU 724
BK 7 D/C Dec '16.
Message 3 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Mine was $30K. Oh well, these things were expected for some CC programs given the state of retailers in this day in age.

This is likely going to impact those folks that relied or used these retail TLs as some sort of padding. Just goes to show you... here today, gone tomorrow! 😜

Interestingly enough, although the account is technically 'closed', the available credit still displays as if it were open ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

110434.jpg

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is one reason I'm glad that I never got caught up in Store cards. Not saying Big Banks can't fail, but retailers are likely to go BK before most banks.

For those who have several versus Bank cards, this could be a blow to their TL's and hurt utilization. 

Message 5 of 16
J-F168
Frequent Contributor

The Barneys New York Credit Card is no longer accepted as a form of payment as of 11/1/2019. All accounts, including your own, will be closed on 1/6/2020.

EX 716 - EQ 707 - TU 724
BK 7 D/C Dec '16.
Message 6 of 16
althes
Frequent Contributor

Just got the email.

**bleep**, guess I won't be shopping there anymore.

Message 7 of 16
J-F168
Frequent Contributor

Same, they used to have free valet with your card and a free drink ( wine for me pls) when dining/ lunch and pay with barneys.

EX 716 - EQ 707 - TU 724
BK 7 D/C Dec '16.
Message 8 of 16
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I wonder what the breakdown of their regular customer base was as far as seriously rich vs. aspirational...and what share of customers paid with the store card vs. ~$500+ AF card.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 9 of 16
redpat
Senior Contributor

Just an overpriced clothing store, seriously $100 and over for a T-Shirt......SMH.

They needed those lines for people to use to keep themselves in business.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.