cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barneys New York Credit Card out of Market!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barneys New York Credit Card out of Market!

They're possibly just a relic of old Money, these days new Money seem to buying very different products? 

Message 11 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

IMO even if you have the kinda money to shop at barney's you are wasting it as way over priced.  Nordstrom's is bad enough for stuff not on sale and I am pretty picky on clothing.  They obviously aren't catering to the correct market or wouldn't be going through BK...

Message 12 of 16
zerofire
Valued Contributor

I did not think the purple dinosaur had a store let alone a credit card. Goes to show how little time I spend in NYC. I say out with the old and in with the new since it seams like they were selling overpriced hype.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 13 of 16
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

This is also why you should never count on the store cards for "padding". Barney's handed out mega limits over time, and if your utilization was higher, or borderline like 10-15%, and you lose a $30K line....that could mean disaster for some.

I had Barney's myself, and closed it a few years ago. I knew it was a matter of time before this would happen. I saw the writing then, and there was already talks of BK too a few years ago.
Message 14 of 16
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
This is also why you should never count on the store cards for "padding". Barney's handed out mega limits over time, and if your utilization was higher, or borderline like 10-15%, and you lose a $30K line....that could mean disaster for some.

I had Barney's myself, and closed it a few years ago. I knew it was a matter of time before this would happen. I saw the writing then, and there was already talks of BK too a few years ago.

I remember you posting about that Barney's mega limits. Never tempted for anything from Comenity - I have two Barclays cards, one flaky lender is more than enough. Smiley Very Happy I dutifully stop by a Lowes store twice a year to buy a garden hose or potted plant to keep my $15k CL good. Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 16
J-F168
Frequent Contributor

They're closing the store in Beverly Hills as well.. and looks likethey're running out of market. I used to do shopping there but for us ( ppl from myfico) I do not thik we will be affected cuz we know how to play aroundSmiley Happy 

EX 716 - EQ 707 - TU 724
BK 7 D/C Dec '16.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.