cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bass Pro Shop undermining Bank Of America?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bass Pro Shop undermining Bank Of America?

SO I just ordered a few items from Bass Pro Shops and when I went to checkout there was an option called 6PAY which allows customers who spend more than X dollars pay the invoice over 6 payments spread out 30 days apart. 

DO any of you have any insight regarding this? I personally like the idea since BofA is super stingie with the BPS's card.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bass Pro Shop undermining Bank Of America?

No, it is not stingy. It is allowing them to sell more and allowing customers to buy things in smaller payments. QVC does it, HSN, and Evine does it too.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ways2go wrote:
No, it is not stingy. It is allowing them to sell more and allowing customers to buy things in smaller payments. QVC does it, HSN, and Evine does it too.

I was referring to BofA being stingy with the Bass Pro Shops credit card. I am all for what BPS is doing.

Message 3 of 10
core
Valued Contributor

Did you get hit with a hard pull? (Edit: nevermind, I see that you didn't actually use the offer.) I'm reading about this offer on their site and it says they may run credit checks and call you before the order ships if you're not "approved" for the offer.   The deal supposedly expires June 7th, but I'll bet they'll be extending it again. 

Amex not accepted.  Just mentioning it for all you folks that say Amex is accepted everywhere these days. Smiley Happy  BPS isn't exactly a mom & pop.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@core wrote:

Did you get hit with a hard pull? (Edit: nevermind, I see that you didn't actually use the offer.) I'm reading about this offer on their site and it says they may run credit checks and call you before the order ships if you're not "approved" for the offer.   The deal supposedly expires June 7th, but I'll bet they'll be extending it again. 

Amex not accepted.  Just mentioning it for all you folks that say Amex is accepted everywhere these days. Smiley Happy  BPS isn't exactly a mom & pop.

I did use the offer and there is no way it resulted in a HP as my CR's are frozen solid for the next 2 years. LOL I actually put my AMEX number into teh CC number slot and it flat out said NO-GO and I had to use my visa. Ive received confirmation emails that my order is good to go, and I assume that they will just charge your CC every month no matter what. Its not like we can withdraw that information once we click submit.

Message 5 of 10
core
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I assume that they will just charge your CC every month no matter what. Its not like we can withdraw that information once we click submit.

Sure ya can.  That's why they invented virtual account numbers.  Not that I'd recommend doing that.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@core wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I assume that they will just charge your CC every month no matter what. Its not like we can withdraw that information once we click submit.

Sure ya can.  That's why they invented virtual account numbers.  Not that I'd recommend doing that.

I agree, but that is dancing with the Devil. Fraud is not in the cards I play with.

Message 7 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Not a game.to play for the light hearted people.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 10
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

Yeah,  BOA is kind of stingy on cli's.  The first CLI on that card ,  I requested it and it was a HP.  I doubled it 1500 to 3000.   They did offer me a 1000 cli to 4K last year and I took it,  since it was not  HP.   I don't use it much.  The rewards are not very good.  Then if you don't use them,  they can expire.   Also there isn't a Bass Pro Store locally.  They are suppose to build one,  but it has been on the books for almost three years.   I got the card,  only because I like Bass Pro Shops and thought the card looked neat.  I was just building my credit back at the time after not having any credit for about twenty years.

Message 9 of 10
creditguy
Valued Contributor

I don't think it's a a way to undermine Bank of America, it's simply an avenue to gain more sales and revenue. There are people who don't want or use store credit cards so their card would not be of interest anyway, and this allows someone to make a larger purchase than they might otherwise have made because they can now spread out the payments with no interest. It's actually a good option for both BPS and the customer.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.