cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bealls, Dillard's, JCPenney and Macy's - all APPROVED in one day (all in-store)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bealls, Dillard's, JCPenney and Macy's - all APPROVED in one day (all in-store)

Okay, so after several months of hard core cleaning on DH credit, his scores were within what I thought (based on what I've read here!) were good enough to bite the bullet and app for a store card or two (or 4 as it turned out!).  Anyway, here's what he did yesterday - all IN-STORE, all approved (EQ - 748, EX - ??, TU - 629):

Bealls - $350 CL (will recon to ask for at least $750), pulled EX

Dillards - $200 temporary CL (will recon to ask for at least $750), can't tell who they pulled yet

JCPenney's - $800 CL (the store clerk's eyes nearly popped out of her head - she had asked before submitting if we wanted more than $500 and we said no, then when the $800 popped up, she was totally shocked - she said most people only get $250 or $300), can't tell who they pulled yet

Macy's - ??? CL (will have to recon to find out), pulled EX

800FICOwannabe

07/01/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 696, TU - 622 (Asset Acceptance reinserted as a new collection)
06/01/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 637, TU - 641
05/04/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 660, TU - 647
04/21/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 711, TU - 642
09/09/08 - Mortgage Enhanced: EQ - 607, EX - 556, TU - 534

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bealls, Dillard's, JCPenney and Macy's - all APPROVED in one day (all in-store)

Congrats to the DH (and you)
Message 2 of 10
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Bealls, Dillard's, JCPenney and Macy's - all APPROVED in one day (all in-store)

congrats on the approvals, wow that's v. cool at 4 for 4 your batting 1000!  please ensure you app store cards you/DH will want to use regularly.  in many cases mc/visa/discover/amex revolving apps have more utility overall than limited use store card apps.  in any case keep in mind there is no 'acct mix' benefit for fico after the 1st store or gas card is added. 

macy's is one of my favorites i just got the upgrade to platinum so i am excited about the 12 free services a year that come with this upgrade.  remember you can request a GLI on the macy's acct every 3-6 mos.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 10
DI
Super Contributor

Why all the store cards?  Recipe for disaster come xmas.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good work - keep us posted on your Macy's limit.  I called Macy's backdoor to get my limit info.  Glad to see JCPenney's CL - very nice!  Congratulations!!!

And I know you'll be very very good at Christmastime!  (And I will be, too!)

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

After reading your post, and carefully considering other posts (for two full days straight - to the point of getting punchy), I decided my best plan of attack was pretty much what y'all did - concentrating mostly on GEMB cards.  Thanks for the information you shared - it was so-o-o helpful - and it helped me come up with my own game plan.  Plus it helped a lot in the confidence department!  (My first store app ever was the Macy's and I just about died.  Today, it just felt like shopping -- but I was really shopping for credit).

Thanks for your post (and a lot of others)!

App'd with Macy's two weeks ago  - CL $1,000.

App'd with Dillard's today - CL $700

App'd with Walmart today - CL $500

App'd with JCPenney today - CL $1,200 (I closed a JCP card a decade ago with a very small CL).

So I started with $200 CLI on Orchard from $500 to $700 plus the above.  That's a jump from $500 Total CL to $4,100 in a few days.  I PIF and will let these cards age and hopefully gain some steam.  Thanks - that was just what I needed.  Ya-hoo!  Now I can wait six months for my CU card Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 10
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Congrats, both, on multiple success.

Now you have to do what is done post appy-spree - credit garden!

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!  Never thought I'd get to the credit garden phase......it feels darn good!  I'll just let these guys grow a bit and then pick out the weeds.
Message 8 of 10
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@utah2009 wrote:
Wow!  Never thought I'd get to the credit garden phase......it feels darn good!  I'll just let these guys grow a bit and then pick out the weeds.

Well you are there now. Credit gardening is, well, in a word: BORING! But it must be done and it will bear fruit. The main thing at this point is no more app's!
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

We app with a purpose just like we garden with a purpose.  It's all part of a very well thought-out plan - and made doable because of the information people post here.  It is good to be empowered with facts.  So today - you just have to let us all party!!!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.