Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being good, but I'm annoyed!

tag
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Being good, but I'm annoyed!

This month I decided to pay off:  Sears, Care Credit, Target, Wal-Mart, Dell, homeowner association fees,  the associan fees for our 2nd property, my eye-doctor, my medical bill, Jared's and Macy's.

In order to make this happen....I'm giving up my new kitchen countertops.  I just feel.....annoyed.   I suppose I'll feel relieved once I see those zero balances. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: Being good, but I'm annoyed!

It'll be OK...really...it will.

You will feel more than relieved once you see the zero balances. You will feel satisfied and more at peace.

It was a good decision. Congratulations!

Message 2 of 12
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@fishbjc wrote:

This month I decided to pay off:  Sears, Care Credit, Target, Wal-Mart, Dell, homeowner association fees,  the associan fees for our 2nd property, my eye-doctor, my medical bill, Jared's and Macy's.

In order to make this happen....I'm giving up my new kitchen countertops.  I just feel.....annoyed.   I suppose I'll feel relieved once I see those zero balances. 

Definitely the correct thing to do. You'll be the better for it - an you'll still be able to take care of the countertops later I'm sure.

Message 3 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

That's the cool thing about granite. It lasts for millennia! Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 12
DI
Super Contributor

@LynetteM wrote:

It'll be OK...really...it will.

You will feel more than relieved once you see the zero balances. You will feel satisfied and more at peace.

It was a good decision. Congratulations!

It will be ok only if the OP decide to not charge to cards up again.  I'm thinking that is what  going on in the OP's mind.  The possibilty of charging the cards up again and still be without a new counter top.  

Message Edited by DI on 01-12-2010 06:42 AM
Message 5 of 12
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

fishbjc, if you'll just picture those shiny new countertops, but piled high with those same (yet unpaid) bills...you'll feel much better that you made the right call!

You'll get 'em, and you'll appreciate 'em more when you do!

Good job.

Message 6 of 12
marty56
Super Contributor

As a former owner of $70k+ of CC debt, nothing I bought during that time looked or worked better then being CC debt free.  Nothing.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 7 of 12
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I'm going for reclaimed elm, once this batch is gone...it's gone.  So sad!  It is the right decision though.  It's the darned association fees that are killers....$350 for this home and $650 for the place on the lake....without a house yet. 

The grand total of the credit cards were under $1500.  Wahhhhhh

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awwwww!  You deserve a medal.  Or a chocolate.  Or how about a piece of that reclaimed elm for a trivet or a nice big tray?  (it could be a mail tray, where you put all your lovely $0 balance bills.....)  Your good work definitely deserves something fine.

Message 9 of 12
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Delayed gratification is good  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.