Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being hit by a ton of BT offers

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Being hit by a ton of BT offers

I'm getting a lot of BT offers on my difference cards. It is much more frequent than I used to get them. I'm carrying a 2k balance on my venture card (0% apr BT from end of last year) and I am wondering if that is what is causing them to send all the BT offers. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Being hit by a ton of BT offers

@red259 wrote:

I'm getting a lot of BT offers on my difference cards. It is much more frequent than I used to get them. I'm carrying a 2k balance on my venture card (0% apr BT from end of last year) and I am wondering if that is what is causing them to send all the BT offers. 

I got 3 sets of BT checks (2 from Barclays and one from CapOne) in the mail today and another email offer from Citi.  Must be the season.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

I got 3 sets of BT checks (2 from Barclays and one from CapOne) in the mail today and another email offer from Citi.  Must be the season.

I know that was true in the past. I often got them with Chase and Citi at the beginning of the summer. Two teachers here and we used to get paid only 10 months. Then when our school year shifted/lengthened, we were paid 11 months. Now, finally 12 months. (They used to offer to pay you over twelve months but THEY kept the money the first month or two when we were on 10 or 11 month pay, no thanks.) We didn't always plan effectively, and I often used the BT offers back then in some creative way to help make it through the summer. 

Now I don't get them with Chase or Citi at all. Also don't get them from Cap One. Those are all my old accounts. But I'm getting them with Barclays, and just got one (a bad one) from US Bank. (2.99% plus 4% fee) Those are my 'since finding myfico' CCCs. 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a drawer full!  I did try a BT last week.  Venture offered one so I took my balance from Samsclub Visa and sent it to Venture.  Thought I had to try one at least once.  

Message 4 of 9
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

I'll take them then if there too much Smiley Tongue

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 5 of 9
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Chase keeps sending me BT checks but I will be using the freedom this quarter as well as next quarter so have to pass on them
Message 6 of 9
elim
Senior Contributor

Sometimes I wonder if they are worth it...

Mine are usually 2% so...

3k BT check is $60,.. I can pay the 3k over a couple months which is probably less than $60 in interest.

Message 7 of 9
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Yeah I was doing math earlier today and calculated being able to pay off 2-3k in 6 months it is cheaper to go with no fee and <8% apr
Message 8 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Wow! You're not just kidding pal. Smiley Surprised

This week alone! they're coming in from all sides here too. Chase never sent them before but they're not about to miss out either. Citi has thrown an avalache of them this month (3) (and counting) with long terms too. Discover already dropped theirs last week. Capital One's flooding again. BofA has always had the corner on this with me. Every 2 weeks a new one plus even my regional bank i have a couple cards with are coming in too.

Just wow! They must really need to ramp up BT fees, i dunno, maybe to drum up some fast immediate profit off these and maybe they're all competing all at once too for their share.

When OP says a "ton", that sums up this latest flurry to a "T". Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.