Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Belk Card and Rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Belk Card and Rewards

So, I got the Belk MC about a month ago, and the rewards are confusing as all heck. I know they are basically in the form of store credits, which I am fine with as I shop there at least once a month usually.

I looked at my rewards balance today, and saw that I had 1000 points redeemed. It confused me at first, but figured out that they automatically do that at every 1000 pts, and send a coupon with your statement. The thing is, I have e-statements turned on, so I checked. Sure enough there is a nice little image of a $10 coupon at the top of the pdf. To use it online I can just enter the barcode number, but how do I use this in store? Do I print it out?

Thanks,

Brad

P.S. Given that they send out emails every freaking day, I wish they could at least send one notifying when you have the coupons available.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Belk Card and Rewards

Yes, just print it out to use in-store.

A variety of store rewards programs use similar statement/coupon redemptions whenever a certain threshold is met (e.g. TJ Maxx, Dillard's, etc.). Yet, there are plenty others that can be scanned from a device or linked to the actual rewards program without having to waste paper 😜

Unfortunately, some are still old fashioned.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I didn't think to check the mobile app. It would be surprising if there is a way to redeem through that, but worth a look I suppose.

EDIT: It looks like you can redeem it in store through the Belk app. It's the same code provided for online use (bar code number), but says you can also use it to redeem in store when opened through the app.

Message 3 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

See, the more you know 🌈 😁 now you don't need to worry about printing it out!

Slowly but surely, a lot of store rewards programs have been transitioning to digital platforms.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Belk Rewards Question

When I got my card there was a promo to get $30 in Belk rewards for spending $500 on non Belk purchases  within 90 days (MC Version).

Then last billing cycle there was a promotion going on where if you spend $100 on a single purchase in certain clothing categories, you got $20 in rewards.

I took advantage of both, so I would have thought $50 would become available on my card this billing cycle as both were done probably two weeks before the end of the cycle. All that showed up was a single $10 voucher that I would have received just during the normal course of accruing points.

Anyone know if this a normal thing with them? Are points sometimes delayed by a cycle, or is something else happening?

Message 5 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Belk Rewards Question

When you took advantage of those 2 separate promotions, did you review the fine print or disclaimer to see how long these bonus rewards would take to be posted? Some bonus promotions can take several weeks to be awarded, but a lot depends on the loyalty program.

Have you reached out to them to get more clarity on how soon those would display? I would start there.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

With the $20 promotion I believe the in store displasy said something to the effect of "on your next statement", but not sure.

The $30 dollar one said within 1 to 2 billing cycles. Most other promotions I have seen like that are pretty quick to post, so it was just odd to me that a stament that cut about 2-3 weeks after the conditions were met didn't include it.

I figure I'll wait until the next statement cuts before calling, but seeing the other post about the Belk card, I thought I would ask here tp see what other people's experiences are. That way I have an idea what the norm is when I do call.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why was this merged? They are two very different questions.

Message 8 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

The primary topic follows the same tract associated with the rewards aspect for the Belk product.

Someone searching the forums would be able to view both aspects of the query as to how rewards can be redeemed (i.e. method) and the expectation of when those become available (i.e. time element).

This would be no different when a variety of threads evolve surrounding the same topic. Therefore, multiple questions can be merged if the essence of the topic is the same (e.g. Rewards Question).
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.