Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Belk credit card

tag
jbee
Regular Contributor

Belk credit card

Hello,

Does anyone know if it's better to apply for a Belk credit card online vs. in-store?  I heard somewhere that there's a big difference with the credit limit, etc.  Thanks!!

3/1/10: TU: 615, EQ: 640, EX: ???
6/8/10 (LO pulled): TU: 704, EQ: 689, EX: 694
Goal Score by Oct. 1: TU: 750, EQ: 750, EX: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
StartingLifeOver
Regular Contributor

Re: Belk credit card

I'd like to know the answer to this too.  Hopefully, someone out there knows. Smiley Indifferent

NFCU Cash Rewards $16,100/FNBO Platinum $9.100/Best Buy Citibank $2,500/Care Credit $7,600/TJ Maxx $1000/Neiman Marcus $7000/Saks5thAve $2500

Starting Score: 426 Ch. 13 BK Filed Sep 2009; Discharged Jan 2013 Smiley Happy
Current Score: TU 706 EQ FICO 701 EX 704
Goal Score: 720

Message 2 of 3
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Re: Belk credit card

When I applied online they gave me a $200 limit.  It was the lowest limit I had, so maybe it is better to app in store.  I did get a CLI to $800 after a few months when I requested it and had actually never used the card!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.