Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Benefit Changes for WMC and WEMC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Benefit Changes for WMC and WEMC

If the extended warranty and price protection loss spirals out to all MasterCards, it’s going to take away the two benefits that PayPal Cashback has. 

Message 11 of 30
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

I "use" Extended Warranty whether I ever have to engage the benefit ot not. Along those lines, lost baggage, rental car, etc. Peace of mind. So losing that is a disappointment.

Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed,  the loss of extended warranty and price protection is a big one. While I've never had to use it yet, it's nice safety net to have considering product do not last as long as they used to. And usually nothjing happens until after the 30-90 day store policy. And even with the manufacturer's warranty, you're often left out in the cold with what they will cover. 

If they're gtting rid of it, there must be a lot of people using the benfit. Or it's simply too costkly to keep providing.

The Cell Phone Insurance is a nice perk to offer, and may or may not make up for losing the above perk. ^

I once had insuranece through my carrier that cost me $84 a year, so that would be a nice savings. However, that fact phones thes days do cost over the $600 limit they offer, it leave sthe remainder on the consumer to pay. 

I don't use Lyft, it's not available where I live. lol 

Fandango, I've never bought through them. 90% of the time I buy my tickets day of at the Theater. I generally only see about four movies per year. 

Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The Cell Phone Insurance is a nice perk to offer, and may or may not make up for losing the above perk. ^

I once had insuranece through my carrier that cost me $84 a year, so that would be a nice savings. However, that fact phones thes days do cost over the $600 limit they offer, it leave sthe remainder on the consumer to pay. 

I switched from iPhone to Android last year and was surprised at how good some of the higher end models were for less than what the latest iPhones cost (for instance, OnePlus). Personally $600 would be fine but I can see how it could be an issue for those who prefer iOS.

Message 14 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

No offense to anyone who carries an iPhone, I've owned two. But IMO they are over priced, and likely because you're just paying for the snobbish name. I bought an iPhone4 new back in the day, and liked it alright. But it was just too limited due to proprietary issues etc.

So I switched to a Blackberry when it was all the rage, wasn't impressed.

I eventually landed with Galaxy products with the S4 because of ease of use, compatibility and expandable memory. Now have the S7 and iPhone6. 

I don't need a new phone every year because I don't lose or break them etc. I also don't need to pay full price for new current version phone, I can wait 12 months and get a big discount when it's two versions old. lol

Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have owned a ton of smartphones since I got the PPC-6700 in 2009 and the iPhone 8 Plus and XS Max are the lowest maintenance of them all. I got the 8 Plus when I switched carriers because I had already bought an Android flagship that year and they require you to buy a phone from them — I expected to hate it but I didn’t. 

I don’t like the price tag on the XS Max and the lack of caller ID but that’s about all that I miss. It’s nice having a device I don’t feel I need to root/jailbreak to do what I want with it or to fix issues in the software. Apple does a great job keeping them up to date, something only a few phones in the Android camp can claim, most notably the Pixel which is in the same price range, and they hold their resale value very well too. 

Yeah if you arent looking for a flagship device and don’t mind being left behind on updates, there are plenty of bargains to be had in the Android world, but comparing flagship devices, it really comes down to personal preference these days. The only way I can see myself going back to Android at this point is if I get an iPad and Qualcomm finally manages to leap past Apple in the CPU department since I’ll always have an iOS device to run those apps and games that are iOS only. 

All of this is to say that the insurance benefit is never going to be enough to cover me - and most people - which is why they are adding it. 

Message 16 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Let's keep this thread on topic, please. If anyone would like to continue or start a new topic regarding specific devices (unrelated to the topic at hand), we have our wonderful SmorgasBoard section for that 😁
Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oops, I left off my point about the insurance benefit. Added lol. 

Message 18 of 30
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:
Let's keep this thread on topic, please. If anyone would like to continue or start a new topic regarding specific devices (unrelated to the topic at hand), we have our wonderful SmorgasBoard section for that 😁

+1  And there will always be disappointment regardless of what a network or lender does or don't do.  Nonetheless, if you can't benefit from the added features, no worries, you're not paying for them anyway.  And if you lose a benefit, well that sucks but there no such as constant in this arena and we all know that.  My opinion, those silver shiny cirlces may actually be worth somethinng after all.  

Message 19 of 30
fuzzle
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If the extended warranty and price protection loss spirals out to all MasterCards, it’s going to take away the two benefits that PayPal Cashback has. 

PayPal Cashback is indeed losing those benefits in July

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.