Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Benefit of a Charge Card???

tag
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Re: Benefit of a Charge Card???

@Anonymous wrote:

I use mine for two main purposes: monthly bills that I pay online (cable, utilities, some monthly subscriptions) so that my debit card number is not floating out there randomly; and work expenses and travel.  I do a lot of work-related traveling as well as taking clients out for dinner and drinkts, etc., and it's extremely rare for me not to be reimbursed within the 30-day payment period.  So basically, on work-related expenses I get free rewards.  I'm going to get reimbursed with the cash anyway; now I just have bunches of points to use as well.  I consider it payback for all the time I spend in airports.  Smiley Happy

Wow those are perfect and smart reasons, very helpful. I'll consider using my Zync for these sort of things.

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 11 of 17
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

I personally like charge cards because they keep you on budget.  I feel as though you know what you are spending and you KNOW you have to pay in full or else you're in deep doo-doo Smiley Happy That's what I like most about it, but the rewards are also a plus.  I feel I can never truly overspend because it makes me think of the consequences of not being able to pay the bill and having a ding on my credit.  I'm too careful with my credit to let that happen so it keeps me in check.

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 12 of 17
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Other than American Express, who offers charge cards?

Message 13 of 17
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

BofA now has a small business "charge card" It is MasterCard world card. Allows you to get worloints. I love it. Not sure who else or if there are any personal "charge card" products out there.
Message 14 of 17
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

@ArisGreek wrote:

I personally like charge cards because they keep you on budget.  I feel as though you know what you are spending and you KNOW you have to pay in full or else you're in deep doo-doo Smiley Happy That's what I like most about it, but the rewards are also a plus.  I feel I can never truly overspend because it makes me think of the consequences of not being able to pay the bill and having a ding on my credit.  I'm too careful with my credit to let that happen so it keeps me in check.

This is my MAIN reason for using a charge card as well, keep me in check!

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 15 of 17
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

sure if you cant get approved for an amex credit card.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 16 of 17
TM82
Regular Contributor

Also on the business side Chase offers the Ink Bold. $95 AF waived the first year, 1:1 points transfers, and you get Priority Pass the first year.
My Cards
American Express Blue | American Express Premier Rewards Gold | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase United Explorer | Chase United MileagePlus Club | JPMorgan Palladium

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.