Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Benefits of QS?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Benefits of QS?

Like every else said, NO AF, 1st 1.5%, they have  great promos, easy to work with, instant post of rewards, .  My main card is Citi DC but QS is always right behind.  If for monthing else for util and back up.  Last night tried to buy something with Citi and their network was briefly down so paid with QS. 

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't really use my QS card, but there's no real reason for me to close it. I'm all for "close it if you don't use it" as I have closed several cards in the past few years, but the QS just makes a good backup card. I keep it in my wallet just because I can fall back on it and have pretty much no problem. It's really a "no hassle" card. 

Besides, capital one was my first credit card and my ONLY credit card from Feb 2007 until Apr 2015. That makes it my oldest card too. They'll always be in my wallet Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 17
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

Thanks all for your input.  I am stil on the fence with closing this one but probably leaning more towards closing. My aim is downsize my deck, I currently have 23 credit cards and quite honestly I don't want to manage so many cards and probably don't need this much credit.  But if I were to keep this card, does anyone know if Capital One is known for closing cards for non-activity?

Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 13 of 17
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@irunfromcredit wrote:

Thanks all for your input.  I am stil on the fence with closing this one but probably leaning more towards closing. My aim is downsize my deck, I currently have 23 credit cards and quite honestly I don't want to manage so many cards and probably don't need this much credit.  But if I were to keep this card, does anyone know if Capital One is known for closing cards for non-activity?

They're the least likely bank to close for non-activity, but I wouldn't test them on it.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 14 of 17
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@irunfromcredit wrote:

I answered this exact question in my response to you. 

Message 15 of 17
noobody
Established Contributor

One other good feature of this card is you can turn the card off when you not using it, and turn it on when you need it.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 16 of 17
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

Thanks all for the input, and looks like all the considerations have been covered.  I am going with my gut on this one and will close it out.  My goal is to downsize and want to stick to it! Smiley Happy

Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.