Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best 2% Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best 2% Card?

I was planning to pc my Citi TY Premier to the Citi DC, but there are many 2% cards and was wondering which 2% card is the best?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best 2% Card?

I personally refuse to answer questions that involve the word "best" without the person defining what is the best thing they're looking for.

So fix your question with some information on how you define "best" here.

Maybe your definition of "best" is the "best looking card" or maybe you mean the "best ability to get a SP CLI"?  Or do you mean "best customer service"? 

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure, what's the best looking card? best CS? best SL / CLI of the 2% cards? Thanks
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the Fidelity looks the nicest because no one really offers a green card other than Amex.

I like the "passport" look of the Capital One Venture but navy blue clashes with my beach shorts.  That card can have a great SUB but 3 inquiries is painful.  In my data notes, I see a lot of folks with crazy high starting limits:

Image result for capital one venture

If it was me, I'd skip Citi DC, Capital One Venture and Fidelity and go for the Alliant 3% card -- no AF the first year, and after the first year it's a 2.5% card with no AF.  3% for a year without a fee is awesomesauce.

Message 4 of 23
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was planning to pc my Citi TY Premier to the Citi DC, but there are many 2% cards and was wondering which 2% card is the best?

If you can PC to a DC , you won't need a hp for a new account , so I think DC would be a pretty good fit. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I think the Fidelity looks the nicest because no one really offers a green card other than Amex.

I like the "passport" look of the Capital One Venture but navy blue clashes with my beach shorts.  That card can have a great SUB but 3 inquiries is painful.  In my data notes, I see a lot of folks with crazy high starting limits:

Image result for capital one venture

If it was me, I'd skip Citi DC, Capital One Venture and Fidelity and go for the Alliant 3% card -- no AF the first year, and after the first year it's a 2.5% card with no AF.  3% for a year without a fee is awesomesauce.

For correction.... after the first year, it is 2.5% but it DOES HAVE a $59 AF after the first year. It is NOT 2.5% no AF  after the first year.... The no AF only applies to the first year along with the 3%.

Message 6 of 23
yowhatimean
Contributor

I'd go to the DC card. I initially had the Citi Dividend card which was like the Chase Freedom card with 1% on everything plus the 5% bonus categories. So I PC to the DC to just get 2% on everything. Plus no hard pull which is a bonus and you still keep all your previous credit history which I liked. I started utilizing the Chase trio of cards more so the DC is just a spare card for the most part.

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would pick Fidelity, love it!! and even better if you get their $100 bonus. No AF.
Message 8 of 23
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

If you’re looking to get rid of the TY card anyway just convert it to the DC. Sure it has no signup bonus and the starting CLs tend to be low, but neither of those is relevant when doing a PC. You still get Price Rewind and Citi Private Pass. I’d save the HP and go for the PC.
Message 9 of 23
iced
Valued Contributor

It's a shame the Fidelity card doesn't do anything Fidelity related except allow for direct deposit of cashback. Card holders enjoy no commission or assessment fees? Now we're talking.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.