Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best 2% Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best 2% Card?

@Anonymous wrote:

I personally refuse to answer questions that involve the word "best" without the person defining what is the best thing they're looking for.

So fix your question with some information on how you define "best" here.

Maybe your definition of "best" is the "best looking card" or maybe you mean the "best ability to get a SP CLI"?  Or do you mean "best customer service"? 

Lol.......

Message 11 of 23
digitek
Established Contributor

I'm happy with the Citi DC.  Price Rewind is especially nice and Citi is gigantic so the app and website are top notch.

I guess you need to spend over $12k per year on the Alliant card to make that extra .5% worth the Annual Fee.

I would go for Blispay if I had to do it again.  I like the idea of 6-month 0% financing built into the card from the get-go in case you really did have an emergency.  Not sure how easy of an app or Customer Service is, or Fraud detection, but yeah, Blispay seems pretty cool.

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not a huge fan of the Citi Double Cash. I just think the blue and green kind of clash together and it looks cheap and tacky. The fidelity green card is also a bit cheap looking. The Venture card is the best looking in my opinion. Nice deep blue, stamped passport design, and metal. Only downfall is the annual fee. But if we're talking about best looking 2% cards, the Venture wins it for sure. 

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

My favorite 2% card is the Limitless because it's 2.5% with no AF and only $1 minimum redemption.

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you can PC the Citi TY Preferred into the DC then I would go for it. That's what I plan on doing if the news of the Citi Forward being PCed into the TY Premier is true. But then it might make me regret getting the Paypal 2% CB card lol

The good thing about the Paypal 2% CB is that you can redeem any amount. I believe with Citi you can only start redeeming at $25.

I wished Blispay had a better verification system because that's the card I really wanted with the 2% CB and 6mth financing on purchases over $199 and it only reports to EX. But I got denied cause they couldn't verify me. Tried recon with them but they said they couldn't do anything and said they asked EX to remove my HP. Still waiting on that removal. It's been like two months now lol

Penfed sorta has a 2% card with the Power Cash Rewards card but you need to have $500 in their checking account or have served in the military. Otherwise its just a 1.5% card.

Message 15 of 23
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

PenFed has been my primary bank since the early 1990s, so I now use their 2% Power Cash Rewards Visa for all my spending that isn’t dining or travel.  I even use it for grocery stores because I don’t like any of the grocery-focused credit cards currently available.  Points post as soon as the transaction posts and can be redeemed immediately in increments of $5.00.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I PCd my diamond preferred to Citi DC. AND I have Blispay, paypal 2% cash back card and Penfed power cash 2% card.

From my experience the best would be both blispay and paypal cb. Because of the cash value and ease of redemption. No minimum or incremental limits.
Paypal cb CL can grow very well.

Blispay gives special financing along with 2% cash back . But if your starting limit is low then CLIs can be a problem. Didnt let me fund a bank account although works well with paypal .

Citi dc has minimum 25$ redemption & you will only earn 2% if you payback in full.Allows you to fund new bank accounts as purchases usually. I just made nice 40$ funding central bank.

Penfed has minimum 5& and incremental redemption that i dont like. So if u have 9.99$ rewards you can only cash out 5$.
Message 17 of 23
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

You find $5 increments hard?  With 2% cash back, you only have to spend $250 to earn $5.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont like any kind of incremental limitation. Paypal and blispay dont have ANY incremental limitation. Btw for penfed i had to keep 500$ in access america to avoid checking fees.
Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love Blispay. Happy since 2016. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. 2% back and no interest over $199. Not going to wow you with perks or special deals. Says what it does and does what is says. Simple. 

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.