tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Best American Express for a NOOB

@keithB wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@keithB wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Oh, they are certainly based on the TU report, but  CK is probably not paying for the real FICO score.

The point is: what does it mean to say the average score for card X is Y.   What you really want to know (well, apart from "Can I get card X?"!) is "At the time they applied, what was the average successful score?"   (You would also want to know the average unsuccessful score but never mind).   AFAIK, unless you apply through the CK site, CK wouldn't really be able to get that information, not calculatable from the current CR, you would need access to the one at time of approval.

Another possibility, which is doable but really not what you want is simply:  "What is the average score now of those that have card X".   SInce that may bear little relation to the score when they applied, it's not very useful, but still might have a small amount of value in comparing cards (people who have card X have higher scores than those with card Y).

What about scores via Experian's site?  How close are they?  They have a relationship with USAA and they are now in my signature - I just don't know what is real =P

They are all fakos so not real 

So if the actual credit bureau like Experian (CreditCheck Monitoring), Equifax (myFICO), Transunion are all FAKOS... Then the only way to get the actual credit score is to pay each of the three for your report right then and there?  One time fee and good for only right then?

All the scores from my fico are 08 version of fico scores. You can also get experian fico version from either having fnbo credit card or are member of psecu.

For Equifax the one you get here is eq08 fico.you can get eq04 from Equifax site or if you are member of dcu.

The only tu fico that I know of is the tu08 that is offered here .you can also get same version from having a discover,Walmart, or Barclay's credit card 

If I am incorrect anywhere somebody can correct me 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 31 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.