Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy CC & Iphone 11 pro

tag
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: Best Buy CC & Iphone 11 pro

I never buy phones from carriers for these reasons :

1.0. Phones are carrier-locked until paid off or at least a few months in the case of T-Mobile. You can’t BYOP in case you switch carriers and most importantly you can’t use pre-paid SIMS when you travel abroad.

2.0 You also get tied and locked again into a contract with the carrier that can potentially cost you early termination fee in case you decide to switch in the future.

I always buy directly from Apple full purchase because :

1.0 Phones are factory unlocked and can be used with any SIMs here and abroad. I can switch carriers anytime I want to and not be tied and locked on a contract.

2.0 I pay using either Paypal Credit 6 months 0% financing for 6 months or a cc with 0% financing (I used my Barclays Financing Visa with 18 months 0% $1,352 total when I pre-ordered last week).

3.0 I would NOT recommend Financing thru Apple via Citizens Bank because of the HP every time you upgrade and finance with them. Might as well app for a new CC with 0% intro APR and SUB every time you buy an iPhone at least you get the SUB!
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 11 of 12
PutThatMoneyOnTheTable
Established Contributor

Re: Best Buy CC & Iphone 11 pro

@JR_TX wrote:
I never buy phones from carriers for these reasons :

1.0. Phones are carrier-locked until paid off or at least a few months in the case of T-Mobile. You can’t BYOP in case you switch carriers and most importantly you can’t use pre-paid SIMS when you travel abroad.

2.0 You also get tied and locked again into a contract with the carrier that can potentially cost you early termination fee in case you decide to switch in the future.

I always buy directly from Apple full purchase because :

1.0 Phones are factory unlocked and can be used with any SIMs here and abroad. I can switch carriers anytime I want to and not be tied and locked on a contract.

2.0 I pay using either Paypal Credit 6 months 0% financing for 6 months or a cc with 0% financing (I used my Barclays Financing Visa with 18 months 0% $1,352 total when I pre-ordered last week).

3.0 I would NOT recommend Financing thru Apple via Citizens Bank because of the HP every time you upgrade and finance with them. Might as well app for a new CC with 0% intro APR and SUB every time you buy an iPhone at least you get the SUB!

+1

I buy directly from Amazon for $185-250. No luck with phones

Amex BCP $35k
Chase FU $19.6k
BOA Cash Rewards $36k
BJs Perks Plus M/C $22k
Cap1 QS $4,950 (AU)
Best Buy $4k
Wells Fargo Active Cash $11.3
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.