Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Buy CC

Hi All, 

I'm thinking about applying for the Best Buy Visa when i get out of the garden. I had burned BB back in 2009 and they charged it off. I never paid them. I believe back then the card was issued by HSBC. Now that they are issuing the Visa through Citi, do you think the negative information was transferred to Citi? I continuously receive pre-approvals for Citi's CC's and have multiple pre-approvals on their site. 

Do you think the odds are good if i apply in the future?

Thanks 

-Michael

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Best Buy CC

I doubt delinquent information carried over.  There was also a stop with CapOne along the way.  If my memory is working correctly, DW's credit reports show a CapOne Best Buy card opened in 1996 and closed in 2013 as well as an open CBNA Best Buy card opened in 1996.  CitiBank and CBNA retail card underwriting doesn't always jive, though. Being prequalified for Citi credit cards doesn't necessarily mean you would be approved for retail cards.  The same is true the other way around.  I had three CBNA cards (Home Depot, Shell, NTB) that were stuck with fairly low limits ($1-2k) and even after running around $10k through the HD card I could never get a CLI.  My first actual card with Citi was $5600 right out of the gate around the same time I was last declined for a CLI on my Home Depot card.

The worst they can do is say no!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Buy CC

Thanks for the info K. I guess we shall see when the time comes. 

-Michael

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.