Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy CLI..Soft or hard pull?

tag
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Best Buy CLI..Soft or hard pull?

Just got my first cli from Best Buy. My starting cl was 3600 call the 800# and they cli to 4700. Does any one recall if this is a hard or soft pull?

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Best Buy CLI..Soft or hard pull?

the 2 CLIs we have gotten have been soft pulls, but that was before the new credit card laws, so who knows.  a lot of people are now pulling hard pulls when they never used to.

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I don't have an answer, but how long did it take to get the cli?

Message 3 of 19
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Thanks. I hope it is still a soft pull. If you don't mind me asking what have they increased your limit up to? Do they have a cap on the limit? Also how much do you use your card?

Message 4 of 19
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

justwill90, I have had my card for seven months. Do you have a BB store card or the MC?

Message 5 of 19
laz98
Senior Contributor

we've had the card for 2 years, i'm sure there's a cap but our limit isn't high enough to know that yet, & our card has a 2400 CL now.  we use it mostly for 0% stuff, but sometimes we go in there & buy $100 worth of cds or something that isn't on a promotional period.

Message 6 of 19
laz98
Senior Contributor

and we have the store card, which usually has higher credit limits than the reward zone mastercard.  from what i have heard, anyway.

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the famous $100 limit MC lol

Message 8 of 19
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

My card is just the plain store card. I don't get why the store card is harder to get. Isn't it usually the other way around? 

Message 9 of 19
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

What 800# did you call. I have been fighting to get an increase for a month now. I then decided to just apply for another card because someone at my best buy said to do so I was approved for another card but i was just angry because they couldnt just give me an increase! Now i have two store accounts a best buy mastercard with a higher limit than my store card and a direct rewards card with a higher limit than my store card!

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.