Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy CLI..Soft or hard pull?

tag
LADYBUSA
Valued Member

Re: Best Buy CLI..Soft or hard pull?

I have both the MC and the store card. There is A and B option from the BB regular card. The A card is with HSBC and the B card is with chase. Chase has the lower % rate. 

Starting Score: EQ 495
Current Score: EQ 694 4/10
Goal Score: 760 + 12/10

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 19
LADYBUSA
Valued Member

hard pull on Equifax

Starting Score: EQ 495
Current Score: EQ 694 4/10
Goal Score: 760 + 12/10

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hit the luv button but was denied b/c it's been lest than 6 Months since my last CLI but it was a soft pull for me.  O yeah it's the store card not the MC.

Message 13 of 19
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

I called the number on the back of the card. Was able to request the cli in the automated system.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm due for a CLI at the end of the month on my best buy store card wish me luck!

Message 15 of 19
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Good luck to you!

Message 16 of 19
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@laz98 wrote:

the 2 CLIs we have gotten have been soft pulls, but that was before the new credit card laws, so who knows.  a lot of people are now pulling hard pulls when they never used to.

Ditto. My CLI (Bloomingdales) was done before the new laws kicked in (1/2010), and no pull at all. Macy's (they are the same - both DSNB) I was credited with a hard pull when I requested after the law kicked in (two weeks ago). Tried to pull teeth to recode it to soft, no go. They try to quote the new CC laws requiring them to do so, but that is not accurate. It's simply another way to stick it to the consumer in the form of making $$$ between them and the CRA's off the inquiries as they are going to lose $$$ being the new CC law has institued age limits, and an income requirement question.  

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Message 17 of 19
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

I also have a Macy's card. Luckily I received some very generous cli before the new law kicked in. I have no need to ask for any thing else from Macy's.

Message 18 of 19
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@crosbyk1 wrote:

I also have a Macy's card. Luckily I received some very generous cli before the new law kicked in. I have no need to ask for any thing else from Macy's.

Me neither. I take what I got and leave it at that for now...I won't ask for another CLI (Bllomies or Macys), just see if they auto increase me when my increase is due...and hopefully no hard pull at that point.

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.