Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Card

tag
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Best Buy Card

Gpt a question and maybe someone can enlighten me on how to proceed. I had applied for a Best Buy Credit card about 3 week ago online cuz wanted to purchase an ipad and laptop. Unfortunately my app was declined due to "unable to positively verify identity". They HP EQ but havent received letter or anything. I was doing some research on others who have had the same reason and noticed it is a big headache to try to recon with them. Some people have had they reports pulled multiple times cuz of this. Should i even bother to call at all and plead my case? or just leave it alone and apply later down the road when i am at the store or when Citi takes over. Im in a serious gardening journey right now and dont want anymore HPs on my reports. Anyone had any success getting their application approved after same reason for being denied?

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Re: Best Buy Card

It sounds to me like they just want to verify some things. I would call them and ask for the status they may just get out of the way what they need to verify when you call them.

Message 2 of 15
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@MrCredit wrote:

It sounds to me like they just want to verify some things. I would call them and ask for the status they may just get out of the way what they need to verify when you call them.

wouldnt it normally have a listed on the denial letter saying to call them to verify identity? Thats what i assumed but really dont know who to call? do i call Best Buy or Cap1? Im surprised i havent received any letter stating the reason and my score that was used.

Message 3 of 15
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Best Buy card I believe is issued by Cap One. Maybe someone can chime in with a number to call for them. It may be the same one as the old HSBC number.

Message 4 of 15
MrCredit
Established Contributor

No it doesnt always list what they want. The letter is your indication to call them. Have a copy of your EQ or know whats on it, in case they start asking questions from the CR. It could be also because of a recent address change or something like that if applicable.

Message 5 of 15
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@MrCredit wrote:

Best Buy card I believe is issued by Cap One. Maybe someone can chime in with a number to call for them. It may be the same one as the old HSBC number.

i read here that someone try to proceed with recon and costed him 2 or 3 HPs to finally get the card. I think he was told to apply in store and would use the reference number on the application to approve. Well, i may just wait till next year or maybe december (before Xmas) to re-apply.

Message 6 of 15
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@MrCredit wrote:

No it doesnt always list what they want. The letter is your indication to call them. Have a copy of your EQ or know whats on it, in case they start asking questions from the CR. It could be also because of a recent address change or something like that if applicable.

true. Well going to best buy next weekend so maybe someone over there can call the right department and get something going. actually going to check to see when was the pull done cuz you only have 30 days.

Message 7 of 15
MrCredit
Established Contributor

I do not see any reason for them to pull your credit again or give you any more HPs. The only reason I see if they want to look at other CRs. I think they may have done that already if that was their intention. From what I understand they pull EQ exclusively. I know that Bestbuy had two banks that issued their cards at one point, HSBC (now Cap One)  and someone else.

Message 8 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

Gpt a question and maybe someone can enlighten me on how to proceed. I had applied for a Best Buy Credit card about 3 week ago online cuz wanted to purchase an ipad and laptop. Unfortunately my app was declined due to "unable to positively verify identity". They HP EQ but havent received letter or anything. I was doing some research on others who have had the same reason and noticed it is a big headache to try to recon with them. Some people have had they reports pulled multiple times cuz of this. Should i even bother to call at all and plead my case? or just leave it alone and apply later down the road when i am at the store or when Citi takes over. Im in a serious gardening journey right now and dont want anymore HPs on my reports. Anyone had any success getting their application approved after same reason for being denied?

800-811-7276

Call tommorow, good luck!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 15
oztsvi
New Contributor

i had the same problem, i called they said i have to apply in person at a best buy store.

and i have to wait 90 days if i want to apply again.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.